Interim Financial Controller (Inside IR35 via Umbrella)
Exclusively working with a large international service provider to recruit a Financial Controller on a 3-4 month basis. The role is within the UK finance team team whose remit is oversight, insight and communication around the various assets and legal entities assigned to them.
The financial reporting team are responsible for all aspects of Legal entity reporting including statutory financial statements, internal reporting (to management and to the Boards) and local GAAP accounting. The central finance team work closely with team members in other London offices and offshore teams. The team is also responsible for managing the external audit process.
The Financial Controller is a subject matter expert in the regulatory and statutory accounting requirements relevant to their legal entities and has a broad range of experience in general accounting and financial reporting process activities. They should understand the business and related accounting flows of the entities for which he/she is responsible, maintaining the control environment and providing high quality reporting to the stakeholders.
The role should actively engage across the relevant functions within each legal entity and the CFO team to ensure they understand the business strategy, product support and interaction with each division.
- Support the statutory accounting process, including liaison with external auditors, provide detailed audit files with analysis for review
- Support the oversight of regulatory reporting produced in the Regional Shared Service centre.
- Help manage the international reporting and internal audit process, ensuring controls documentation is maintained and regularly updated and acting as the key contact point.
- Work with the Technical accounting team where necessary to ensure compliance with relevant IFRS accounting standards
- Oversee the month end close process, including monitoring of results, escalating and resolving issues, initiating and reviewing journals, calculation of management fees
- Review of the monthly legal entity variance review ensuring that it provides a meaningful analysis of different aspects of the legal entity financials
- Work with the Tax team on production of VAT returns and other VAT and corporation tax issues
Ideal candidate profile:
- Qualified accountant with a number of years post qualification experience and exposure managing medium to large teams
- Strong technical accounting knowledge, particularly IFRS
- Significant statutory and regulatory reporting experience
- Experience of a fast moving, highly controlled, multinational/functional organisation.
Must be available to start within the next week and will have previous line management responsibilities.