Commercial Service Charge Manager
Service Charge Manager -Commercial Real Estate. Our Client is one of the most successful and acclaimed property owners based in Central London. They are known for owning and managing a large portfolio of commercial and residential assets throughout Central London and other major regions across the UK. They are currently looking for a Commercial Service Charge Manager to head up their team of Commercial Service Charge Accountants at their London office.
The Role will see yourself working within the Commercial Property Management Department, carrying out duties such as:
- Preparing and authorising all service charge matters on a mixed-use portfolio.
- Preparing year end service charge reconciliations, service charge budgets, sales, utility charging etc.
- Providing service charge information and budgets to the asset managers and other relevant departments when required.
- Managing the service charge team, you are responsible for the training, performance appraisals and handling performance issues when they arise.
- Allocating each service charge accountant their own portfolio increasing accountability and performance.
- Checking and approving service charge clauses in new and renewal leases.
- Assisting in the recovery of service charge debt that has arisen as a result of a tenant query.
- Preparing service charge accounts and budgets using their property management system.
- Responsible for continuously improving the property system to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Preparing cashflow forecasts for major service charge projects including full communication with the Tenants.
- Preparing full analysis of major work projects including forecasting the recoverable amount for the Landlord.
- Preparing service charge information relevant for bank re-financing.
The Person: To apply you MUST have excellent knowledge of preparing year-end service charge accounts as well as managing a team of service charge accountants. The person must also possess a good understanding of RICS commercial legislation and should have demonstrable experience working within the commercial property sector. Previous experience of working with property managers, as well as experience in using a property management system (e., Tramps, MRI, Horizon, Yardi, QUBE) is essential.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook.