Ensure that all budgets / reforecasts, monthly management information and commercial analysis for the company are produced in according with business needs, stakeholder requirements and legislation. To manage all external audits and statutory reporting. To have management responsibility for the finance department.
- Work closely with senior management to increase a company's efficiency and profitability by assisting with the formulation of both the medium and long-term financial plan
- Work closely with senior management to build budgets
- Work closely with CFO to ensure control policies and procedures are relevant and adequate to protect the business.
- Complete all cash flow analysis and requirements, including the rolling 13-week cash forecast
- Complete / review all balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Compliance with all tax requirements, such as PAYE, CIS, VAT, Corporation Tax
- Ensure all company audits and tax return information is completed in a timely fashion and optimum results are achieved.
- Delivery of competitor analysis, market trends and associated commentary to the Leadership team
- Complete and review monthly management accounts, covenant testing and KPIs and provide variance analysis
- Analyse margins and provide recommendations for improvement / review
- Management of the finance department, including sales and purchase ledger and payroll
- Working with all parts of the business to look at process improvement
- Analysis of expenditure across the business and to highlight inefficiencies and potential cost savings
- P&L management and balance sheet production and review, forecasting of revenue and costs
- Liaise with external accountants and advisors, particularly in support of the statutory audit and tax computations
- Work closely with the business, insurance brokers and underwriters to ensure adequate cover is in place and claims reported promptly to minimise liability and maximise recoverability.
- Preparation of other financial information for the CFO as required
Required Experience, Knowledge, Qualifications and Training:
- Recognised accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Previous experience as Financial Controller
- Strong IT skills, notably Excel and database systems as well banking facilities
- Experience of leading and managing others
Apply for Finance Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly