Senior Commercial Finance Manager
Marks Sattin are pleased to be working exclusively with a well known PE backed business in Leeds.
This is a must see role in a business where you will not only get opportunity to drive change and add value but also rest safe in the knowledge there are no barriers to do so. Furthermore the rewards and consistant bonuses paid are industry leading as they based objectively so it is in your hands.
In terms of the role our client is looking for an experienced manager who can lead and develop a team of business partners through a really exciting time for the business.
The Commercial Finance manager will be required to; drive effective planning, management reporting and profit improvement with non-financial stakeholders across the business; coach and develop our finance team to provide effective business partnering.
- Building strong relationships with the director and senior management of the business unit to assist with conversion of high level business plans to detailed operational and commercial solutions.
- Ensuring plans are subject to sufficient challenge to ensure they are robust and actionable.
- Producing periodic performance reports for each business unit with detailed commentary on variances and actions required.
- Financially appraise investments and changes to operational procedures. Track and review the results of investments to assess value for money.
- Set targets for operational and financial improvement and monitor against these targets
- Identifying and tracking of risks/ opportunities vs plan.
- Lead, direct and support the team
- Help develop the financial awareness of the operational and commercial management teams, and assist with the development of the current MI, KPI and flash reporting
Profile of candidate:
- Educated to degree standard and holding a full professional accounting qualification.
- Experience of supporting, challenging and influencing at a senior level in a fast-paced environment.
- Very numerate and analytical, with commercial acumen to evaluate business plans.
- Understanding of budgetary control, profit & loss accounts and financial reporting.
- Strong IT skills and knowledge of MS Office, Excel, Word etc.
- Excellent communicator and strong inter-personal skills.
- Demonstrable experience of working with operational non-finance managers.
WHMSYORKS REF: 164213