Company Accountant (home/office based)
Heyland Finance have been engaged exclusively by our client, a small successful professional services business based in Cheshire as they look to appoint a qualified Company Accountant to assist them in their next phase of growth.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, as Company Accountant, you will be responsible for delivering tight financial controls to help facilitate and achieve business objectives. You will review and develop existing processes and systems to ensure robust financial controls and maintain strong working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Form a close working and reporting relationship with the senior management team
- Take overall control of the company's day to day accounting function and financial reporting
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth
- Take ultimate responsibility for preparing and publishing Monthly Management Information
- Take ultimate responsibility for company cash management
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships, in particular with external parties such as the bank and auditors
- Prepare Monthly Management Information for review by the Managing Director
- Deliver on Tax Compliance & HMRC reporting were appropriate. Namely: VAT returns, EC Sales Lists, Intrastat
- Liaise with auditors and address audit queries
- Ensure all processes are documented as Standard Operating Procedures
The ideal candidate will be an ACA, ACCA, CIMA Qualified Company Accountant who has previous experience of working within a small business or subsidiary of a larger organisation.
The successful candidate will enjoy the option of home working and will immediately become part of a friendly, supportive and lively operation that promotes a "grown up" working environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified finance professional to join the business at a really exciting time, you will play an integral part in the future success of the organisation and be included in the company share scheme from the outset.