FINANCIAL CONTROLLER - 12 MONTHS WORKING FROM HOME - FIXED TERM CONTRACT - DERBYSHIRE- £66K + PENSION + BONUS
I am delighted to present a unique opportunity to join a high profile blue chip business in Derbyshire on a 12 month fixed term contract, covering maternity. The salary is £50-66K per annum, 25 days holiday, plus a generous pension and bonus. The role can also be delivered completely remotely (WORKING FROM HOME) for the full duration.
The ideal candidate will be immediately available, full qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) and have a background in MANUFACTURING OR FMCG.
For the right candidate they would consider a short notice or phased start.
You will report to the UK FD and Site Director and be responsible leading all finances relating to the site. As Financial Controller you will lead and manage the finance team of 4 on site, with full responsibility for the factory performance, including financial plan and forecasts, the month end process, variance analysis and financial reviews.
- The key contact point for all finance related questions and for financial evaluation of ad-hoc projects on site.
- Coordination and delivery of month end timetable in line with corporate timetable, culminating in:
- Execution of monthly margin delivery - Construction of the Factory Operating Statement, reflecting the production through put of the factory.
- Preparation and communication of the monthly commentary on volumes, manufacturing & material variance, fixed costs and site margin.
- Communication of Financial results to the Site Management team, in order to promote financial awareness and drive towards meeting the financial commitments of the site.
Balance Sheet review, including fixed assets, stock, accruals and prepayments to ensure that full controls are being applied and Corporate policies are being adhered to.
- Evaluation of related Capital Expenditure to ensure that return on capital expenditure is maximised, and to manage the Capital expenditure process in conjunction with the Engineering team, such that spend versus authorised budget can be reviewed and that a quarterly forecast can be given.
- After implementation of Capital projects carry out financial appraisals to ensure that all payback objectives have been met.
- Preparation and submission of Quarterly forecasts. Process to be supported with analysis verses plan/prior year/previous FC.
- Analysis of material variances (Price Variance, Usage, Bill of Material), incorporating into half year re-pricing, leading to Gross Margin Impact being passed through to Group Commercial Units (positive and negative).
- Responsibility for the financial preparation of the annual plan in co-ordination with the Site Leadership Team. Plan to cover site volumes, raw and packaging costs, labour, depreciation based on site capital investment, energy & utilities, repairs and maintenance and Fixed Costs.
- Review and challenge all Gross Margin Improvement projects on site to evaluate impact on the site's financial performance, and to support appropriate submissions to Corporate for key initiatives.
- With key members of the site and regional team, ensure the financial integrity of the SAP system and that its use is in line with the corporate company model.
- Support the on-going development of the Site Finance team locally and as part of regional strategies
- Reporting of information into the UK Cluster (i benchmarking, sourcing studies)
- Ensure site is audit ready from a financial control perspective and all internal policies are being adhered to.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.