Accounts Senior job Flexible working Hybrid Working ACA ACCA Guildford Surrey
Your new company
My client is a 5 Partner Firm based in central Guildford. A new role has become available in their accounts team at senior level working in a small and collaborative team as part of a dynamic firm. There is a wide variety of clients from large established companies, to entrepreneurial start-up companies requiring advice on how to set up a business in the UK.
Your new role
- Prepare financial accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies, groups, charities and academies
- Prepare year end working paper files and assisting auditors
- Prepare monthly or quarterly management accounts including posting journals of accruals, prepayments, depreciation and payroll.
- Prepare control reconciliations and analytical review schedules.
- Maintain client's accounting records and reconciliations including bookkeeping, processing of client data and dealing with queries.
- Prepare VAT returns
- Work at clients' premises as necessary, liaising with the bookkeeper/director to prepare accounts and discuss results.
- Deal with general client queries effectively, passing queries to relevant people as needed
- Be encouraged to work on own initiative and will be provided with guidance and training at all stages
What you'll need to succeed
You will be either a fully qualified accountant or a part qualified accountant studying for the ACCA, ACA, ICAS or equivalent qualification. Full study support will be provided as necessary. You will have trained in practice and have experience with working on charities, group consolidations and the latest accountancy software. My client uses CCH and Xero predominantly.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a package dependant on experience and the type of study package that you will need. Salary is up to £45,000 with flexible working options available. Employees are currently working from home, with a hybrid working policy when returning to office.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Accounts Senior
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly