Head of Finance
London (Flexible Working)
Our client is a uniquely positioned evergreen fund of funds at the heart of the exciting London high growth investment eco-system. Managing more than £100M of SME funds themselves and having played a pivotal role in over £500M worth of investments they co invest with the private sector and have a high-profile role in supporting the Capital’s Economic Development Strategy, focusing on innovation and growth.
At the centre is a small, experienced and passionate team and there is an opportunity to join them as their new Head of Finance. Working in partnership with the Chief Executive and Board this is a unique opportunity for a rounded finance professional to have a real influence on strategy and support future growth but also be involved in the detail of the full spectrum of accounting, treasury and company secretarial duties. The role represents a fantastic and rare chance to play a key role in an organisation delivering measurable and real impact and the opportunity to progress to Finance Director.
- Production of management accounts, including P&L, BS, Cashflow and presentation of results at Board Meetings
- Supporting the Chief Executive in all financial matters, supporting growth and the wider Senior Leadership team
- Leading on all Financial Planning and Analysis, including long term plans, budgets and forecasts
- Management of Treasury function
- Working closely with Fund Managers to understand valuations, long term commitments and investment cash flows
- Liaison with external stakeholders (Banks, auditors, pension providers, payroll etc)
- Management of an assistant accountant and day to day finance operations
- Ensuring full Tax compliance
- Meeting all the company secretarial responsibilities
Key requirements for the role:
- You will be a qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA) educated to degree level
- Experienced in venture investments and/or fund management
- Experienced in board reporting and contract management
- A self-starter who enjoys autonomy and making an impact
- Ability to support strategically but also comfortable rolling sleeves up and being in the detail
- Strong presentation and organisational skills
- Advanced Excel skills
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religious and political beliefs, education, socioeconomic background, disability, sexual orientation and geographical location to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Apply for Head of Finance
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly