Senior Completions Accountant
Senior Qualified Accountant required for this Bristol based business
Dynamic, growing healthcare business
Your new role
Financial accounting role, this role supports the processes surrounding new entities joining this company. Main tasks will be providing reports and other information to the completion accountants, checking the completion accounts and creating and posting completion accounts and initial acquisition journals, whilst adhering to timetable and best practice at all time. Responsibilities:
- Ensuring timely delivery of reports and other information to your colleagues;
- Reviewing completion accounts, responding with queries and passing the final draft for review by the Senior Finance Manager;
- Creating and posting all completion account and initial acquisition journals;
- Updating completion accounts tracker and monitoring of completion accounts inbox;
- Ensuring that all relevant documentation and correspondence is filed promptly;
- Reconciliation of pre-completion balance sheet accounts for each set of completion accounts;
- Preparing a monthly reconciliation of reserve movements relating to completion accounts for the group finance team;
- Responding appropriately and promptly to queries from internal and external teams;
- Supporting process improvement initiatives to ensure all processes are robust and efficient;
- Ad hoc additional tasks as required
- At least 2 years' experience in a commercial environment
- Accountant with a professional accounting qualification (ACCA or similar)
- Excellent attention to detail, and able to deliver right-first-time results quickly, while maintaining a robust audit trail for all work
- Thrives in a fast-paced constantly changing environment - flexibility is key
- Able to demonstrate strong communication and influencing skills with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Deadline focussed, and willing to put in the effort required to ensure they always meet them
- Robust understanding of small companies and how they work
- Meticulous organisational skills
- Strong technical understanding of balance sheet and financial statements
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
Great office culture and team to work with. Internal progression chances.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.