Senior Accountant / Finance Team Leader
A position has arisen to recruit a Senior Accountant on a full-time permanent basis in Dorset.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a finance professional who enjoys a challenge and keeping busy, with dedication to the organisation for the long term helping to drive the business forward.
My client are a unique leader in the field of technology and security, looking to make new additions into their small yet growing finance team.
This is an ideal position for a finance professional who has experience in both financial and management accounting, can work closely with the Group Controller on ensuring the day-to-day accounting runs smoothly and in line with company pillars and forward thinking strategy.
- Take ownership of the day-to-day accounting working closely to the Group Financial Controller
- Lead and mentor a small team of two in positively influencing study support and achieving / monitoring KPI's
- Support on preparation of statutory accounts and complete corporate tax returns and quarterly VAT returns as required
- Support on providing weekly cash flow forecasts in line with budget comparisons
- Production of monthly management accounts (preparing reports, budgets, commentaries, and financial statements)
- Take charge of quarterly forecast and annual budgets
- Suggest process improvements / recommendations on key financial processes
- Get stuck in various projects for the finance function including implementation of new ERP system
- Ad-hoc analysis as required
- Fully Qualified Accountant ACA / ACCA / CIMA with minimum 3 years PQE
- Experience in mentoring / managing a small team
- Ideally, previous experience working within an SME environment
- Clear experience of management & financial accounting
- Hands on approach, ability to positively influence and support others across the team and business
- Previous experience using Netsuite / Oracle (desired but not essential)
Competitive salary, opportunity to join the business during positive change and growth strategy.