Finance Manager for a highly respected architects’ practice specialising in historic buildings. We have 18 staff and are an Employee Owned Business located within Fulham Palace. The candidate will be responsible for the financial management of the company and reporting to the Board of Directors as well as assisting in the running of the office.
- Preparation of Monthly Management accounts and presentation to Board of Directors.
- Assist the Board in analysing the financial performance of the practice and providing advice as required.
- Post transactions to QuickBooks with the assistance of Finance and Administration Officer.
- Oversee the collection of information for preparation and issue of monthly fee accounts.
- Track cumulative fee position on projects and report to lead architect.
- Daily management of banks including making all payments. Draw down from deposit account as required.
- Cash flow forecasting and reporting to the Board of Directors.
- Prepare and submit quarterly VAT returns.
- Preparation of all information to allow external Accountants to prepare year-end accounts.
- Prepare and present annual statement of profit required under Employee Ownership agreement.
- Manage debtors and highlight any issues.
- File annual confirmation statements, with assistance of external advisers where required.
- File annual share scheme filings, with assistance from external advisers where required.
- Manage the time recording software package Noveos with administrative support, including checking correct set up for projects, recording sales invoices, setting up fees structures and system maintenance. Review and update hourly rates where necessary.
- Renew insurances for professional indemnity, office, IT and directors on an annual basis.
- With the assistance of the admin team oversee office orders, meetings, equipment, annual safety reviews.
Essential attributes: Accountancy qualification or equivalent skills. Experience of working with QuickBooks or similar accounting package. Meticulous attention to detail. Trustworthy, conscientious and discreet. Able to prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
Good communication skills and able to work well with all team members. Advanced knowledge of Outlook, Excel and other Microsoft software.
Must have relevant document proving right to work in the UK.
Desirable attributes: Familiarity with how architect’s fees are charged. Experience of Noveos Practice Manager or similar time management system. Excellent IT skills and willingness to assist others in the office. Experience working for or with SME’s.
Salary: c. £50,000. Negotiable according to skills and experience
To express interest please submit your CV and covering letter via the apply button. Maximum file size 10MB.