Financial Controller (Remote working)
To c. £75k + excellent equity and benefits
Our client, an early-stage Ag tech business, is at a point of inflexion on its global growth journey, with leading edge proprietary technology. With an integrated analytics platform they are at the forefront of transformational change in their sector and now seek to recruit a Financial Controller to join the small, high quality team. The role provides an unrivalled opportunity to join at a time of real value creation and will suit an ambitious and driven individual looking to make their mark. The role will have overall responsibility for delivering day to day financial reporting and supporting international growth, sales, marketing and investor requests. Candidates must be proactive, hands-on, analytical, tech natives and be happy to “muck-in” and get into the detail when required.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Monthly and quarterly reporting, budgeting and cashflow forecasting including reporting to VC investors and lenders.
- Commercial analysis/pricing and financial analysis for Business Development
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts and updating the 5-year financial plan, to support metrics and fund raises
- Manage on-line transactions and banking, Identifying, and implementing opportunities to automate payment processes, including optimisation of the customer journey for trading.
- Implementing and maintaining an appropriate and effective system of internal controls and cash control and forecasting
- Ensuring HMRC / VAT reporting requirements are delivered on a timely and accurate basis
- Preparation of claims for R&D tax credits and Innovate UK grants
- You will be a qualified accountant, ideally ACA or CIMA within a VC/PE backed organisation, in the Tech sector
- You should possess excellent attention to detail and be confident in taking initiative
- Proficient in excel (comfortable with VLOOKUP’s, IF statements, ranges, pivot tables and other general formulas)
- Experience of working with accounting packages and comfortable with the use of technology within the workplace e.g., Slack, Zoom, HubSpot, Trello, Google
- Experience in organisations dealing with on-line payments or marketplaces would be desirable
- Knowledge of the Agriculture industry, specifically livestock farming, would be beneficial
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religious and political beliefs, education, socioeconomic background, disability, sexual orientation and geographical location to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.