- Key Leadership role reporting to the CEO and Executive Board.
- Acquisitive and Organic Growth Strategy.
- Qualified ACA/CIMA or ACCA.
- Strong Financial Control, Commercial, Strategic & Business acumen.
SaB Consultancy are delighted to be exclusively recruiting for a Finance Director to join a growing Hi Tech food ingredients business based in West Yorkshire. With an impressive track record of growth, the business has a true global footprint and is a market leader in its field of speciality. Reporting to the CEO and Executive Board this role is a key part of a strategic plan of accelerated growth both organically and through acquisition and is pivotal in driving the growth and development of the business.
- Support the CEO and Senior Management team, providing strategic, analytical and financial advice to inform key decisions and future business plans.
- Management and development of a small finance team delivering timely and accurate monthly accounting, financial control and group reporting.
- Take a direct lead in appraising opportunities and risks in the business strategy, providing the CEO and Senior Management Team with accurate and informative data.
- Commercial contribution to M&A, including investment appraisal, and due diligence , as well as post acquisition reporting and integration.
- Take lead and coordinate the development of the annual operating budget and its reporting within the financial planning cycle.
- Ongoing development of management information and commercial analysis supporting the CEO & Senior management team in driving business performance.
- Leading and implementing a robust financial control framework, maintaining process improvements and systems whilst mitigating risk.
- Responsibility for tax planning and compliance in line with UK and European accounting requirements and standards.
- Provide strict control to cash flow management with robust cash forecasting for future financial planning.
- Manage external Financial relationships with third parties such as Accountancy and Audit firms, legal firms and other professional bodies.
- Manage year end statutory accounts preparation and submission, ensuring all financial recording is accurate for both internal and external auditing.
- Responsibility for Management and development of the company’s IT & Finance systems.
My client will consider an experienced CFO/Finance Director, or alternatively someone stepping up into their first CFO role. You must be able to demonstrate you can work with energy, gravitas and ambition coupled with a track record of having provided strong financial stewardship, commercial and business acumen in a previous role.
- A fully qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA or ACCA) with a proven track record in a finance leadership role.
- Experience of developing financial controls, procedures and financial management systems.
- Proven confidence and ability to present and contribute at Board level offering strategic and commercial guidance to the Board.
- A strong team player, able to adapt to work with people at all levels both externally and internally.
- Strong commercial awareness and key negotiating skills.