3 days left
- Full Time
Your new company
Hays are recruiting on behalf of a well-established legal services business that prides themselves on their positive culture and personal touch. They are looking for an experienced Legal Cashier to support a busy team.
Your new role
The main purpose of the role is to support the finance and legal teams in maintaining a smooth daily operation. You will be tasked with the following:
- Maintain the accounting records of the firm ensuring that all entries are processed promptly and accurately and in accordance with SAR.
- Reconcile client account on a monthly basis by reconciling the client cashbooks to the client ledgers as per SRA requirements.
- To undertake daily banking functions to include checking entries on bank statements, paying-in cheques/ cash, informing fee earners as monies arrive, daily cheque/BACS runs and liaising with the bank as and when necessary.
- The processing of bank transfers including TTs and BACS.
- The control of designated client deposit accounts.
- Checking of completion statements and assisting fee earners with checking statements of accounts eg. conveyancing, probate, etc.
- To undertake monthly review of unbilled disbursements, informing fee earners/cost draughtsman of any not billed and clearing unchargeable expenses to nominal.
- Checking bills raised by fee-earners for numerical accuracy, correct VAT treatment of items on the bill and where possible ensure disbursements have been included.
- To assist with credit control including the preparation, checking and circulation of debtors statements.
- To undertake routine archiving of files off the accounting system ready for storage including interest calculations, etc.
- To assist auditors and monitoring inspectors during audits/inspections.
- To perform other sundry and adhoc tasks as requested by the partners and accountant.
- To inform the partners on a daily basis the balance in office account.
- Oversee the running of the petty cash tin.
- To ensure the firm's compliance with The Law Society's Accounts Rules.
- To finalise and close the month end by close of business on the fifth working day after the month end.
This is a full time role working 37 hours, Monday to Friday.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need a significant level of prior experience in a similar Legal Cashiering role. You will have strong IT skills and have strong attention to detail. You must be able to communicate well with those at all levels and be part of a tight knit team.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Legal Cashier
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly