7 days left
- Full Time
Our client is a growing construction company within the infrastructure sector with a number of long-term projects that require dedicated Project Accountants. Our client is looking to recruit a qualified accountant with a minimum of 3 years’ experience to join their team. The role offers a friendly flexible working culture with home working available. Professional and personal development is encouraged and supported. The business and team is growing quickly so there is swift opportunity to progress further.
The Senior Project Accountant will be responsible towards providing effective project financial control and delivering relevant and timely information to their respective shareholders/Funds.
- Maintenance and control of accounting systems and procedures
- Management accounting and statutory accounting experience
- Delivery of effective transaction service – to include but not limited to bank compliance, information to authorities, unitary payments or other revenue streams, settlements, control over funds, supply chain management
- Budgeting, reporting and control of project performance
- Identification and mitigation of key financial risks.
- Attendance at project meetings to provide input on key matters and technical matters
- Review all month end processes in accordance with the Monthly Control Sheet, including monthly management accounts, VAT returns
- Act as the source of knowledge on tax and accounting issues; become fully conversant with financial models and contractual documentation
- Managing the year end audit process and liaising with tax compliance team and internal audit
- Ability to review and understand complex financial models
- Ensure compliance with local VAT and tax regulations
- Ensure invoices to counterparties are prepared in accordance with the Project Agreements
- Development of junior members of the team
- Input financial results into monthly management reporting systems
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified (almost / part qualified considered)
- Big 4 Accountancy Practice experience desirable but not essential
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills to facilitate effective working relationships within the finance team and with the various external stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills with intellect to both develop and challenge explanations and arguments
- Proactive in identifying and implementing process improvements
Please apply in confidence for more information. Please only apply if you have the relevant level of experience. Only successful candidates can be contacted. Many thanks for your interest – Sam Kelly.
Apply for Project Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly