Tax Accountant (French Speaking)
Tax Accountant (French Speaking)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
This Tax Accountant role sits within the European Tax Centre of Excellence. The main aspects of the role are:
- To take responsibility for and to manage all direct tax reporting compliance requirements for a group of markets within the Europe region, specifically within this role would be France, Switzerland and Netherlands.
- To provide advice on any tax related issue, coordinating with external advisers and Global Corporate Tax Department where necessary.
- To maintain a constant awareness of local tax legislation and act as a real internal consultant to satisfy stakeholder expectations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation and submission of all US Tax reporting including monthly current and deferred tax provision, quarterly tax contingency and projections using TaxStream technology.
- Coordination of annual Transfer Pricing documentation including financial data analysis and liaison with commercial teams and external adviser.
- Preparation of annual Corporate Income Tax Returns, coordination of external preparation and/or review and presentation to FD.
- Calculation and instruction of Corporate Income Tax Payments.
- Liaison with tax authorities as necessary.
- Preparation of annual tax disclosures to be included in Statutory Financial Statements, including calculation of current and deferred tax provisions. Respond to queries from external auditor.
- Continuous review of tax legislation to identify relevant changes. Analyse impact and communicate to business partners.
- Participate in internal projects to ensure direct tax compliance, provide advice and support for any tax advisory questions, utilising third party resource as necessary.
- Support COE strategy for use of third party resource ensuring that all work is correctly engaged and approved.
- Support strategy of standardisation and automation, continuous improvement and risk management, and leveraging developments in tax technology.
- Provide support to other markets, as required.
- Completion of all other reporting requirements as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Qualified Accountant and / or Chartered Tax Adviser.
- Experience of tax compliance in at least one jurisdiction in a practice, or multi-national corporate tax environment or equivalent.
- Understanding of accounting provisions, accounting principles, statutory audit and disclosure requirements of financial statements in at least one jurisdiction in Europe.
- Experience of indirect taxes.
- Fluency in English and French languages (technically and communicative).
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Ability to work with a range of technically and culturally diverse people.
- Ability to effectively communicate to a diverse audience, at multiple levels within the company.
- Autonomous working.
- Ability to establish formal relationships with in-market Accounting teams and Finance Directors to ensure tax reporting in accordance with statutory regulations.
- Ability to manage processes with a high degree of autonomy and influence people within the company without formal authority.
- Demonstrates a team oriented approach.
- Strong written and verbal communication to facilitate relationships with peers and senior management.
- Ability to work with advanced technology.
- Ability to assess and resolve problems.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Opportunity to gain an understanding of the business needs of an international pharmaceutical company from a tax perspective.
- Opportunity to work within a professional and high performing team.
- Develop the ability to impact and influence within the company to deliver superior business results.
- Gain knowledge of transfer pricing issues in the Pharmaceutical industry.
- Opportunity to add value by educating the organisation and key players on the value effective tax management brings to the company.
- Opportunity to be involved in tax technology developments and be involved in technology projects.
- Opportunity to gain international and country specific tax expertise. Opportunity to gain experience of working within a European team and in a shared services environment.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognises the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Apply for this Tax Accountant (French Speaking) role based in Chester by clicking the 'Apply' button.