Financial Accountant, Heathrow, Logistics, up to £40k
Are you a part-qualified/finalist Financial accountant looking for your next step? Following a company restructure in line with anticipated future growth, an exciting new position of Financial Accountant to join a renowned Logistics business. This role will be managing a new finance team and you will be responsible for the financial control of the UK business. This is comprised of 3 different entities, including tax, statutory and audit responsibilities as well as owning the liquidity/cash forecasting for the businesses.
Reporting into the Financial Controller you will be responsible for:
- Management of all underlying subledgers and reconciliation with team members.
- Management of audit process, developing relationships with external auditors.
- Adhering to and developing internal financial controls, improving processes where necessary.
- Production of accurate internal management reports along with the Management Accountants.
- Leading the cash forecasting process.
- Full spectrum of cash flow management and reconciliations.
- Leading, developing and motivating the finance team of 5.
- Managing the team functions – billing, credit control, accounts payable, banking & treasury.
- Developing and improving finance system and processes for greater efficiency.
- Establishing and maintaining financial policies and procedures for the company.
- Understanding and adhering to financial regulations and legislation.
- Working closely with the Finance Director, Financial Controller and Management Accountants.
- Finalist/ Part-Qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA
- Managerial / Leadership / Mentorship experience
- Multi-site experience.
- Several years of experience as a finance accountant.
- Background in transactional heavy organisations, e.g Cargo industry, industrial services or manufacturing.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Excel and modelling.
- Strong leadership attributes with process.
- Ability to foster strong teamwork amongst a large team.
Trace is an innovative recruitment consultancy. Our person organisation fit profiling tool, the Predictive Fit Profiler, is helping us fit our candidates with our clients from a personality, behaviours, motivations and cultural compatibility perspective.