Senior Internal Auditor - Global employer
You will support audit plan delivery for complete and more complex audits (local and global), executing audit engagement activities including determination of scope, risk analysis and documentation of audit results, in line with Group Audit standards.
Our client are a long-standing leader in the insurance industry, they make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of their employees to ensure their success in the future.
The key responsibilities of this Senior Internal Auditor based in Swindon are:
- Building an in-depth understanding of Group Audit standards and methodology.
- Assisting the Portfolio Manager / Auditor Manager in planning & determining the audit scope for relevant engagements and in reaching an agreement on the risk analysis.
- Participating in local and global audits, completing audit work, and document audit results in line with Group Audit standards.
- Operating with minimum supervision on smaller/less complex assignments, with sufficient guidance and subsequent review.
- Agreeing on corrective actions and delivering the final audit report, with support from the Portfolio Manager / Audit Manager, for more technically challenging, complex and sensitive assignments.
- Tracking the implementation of agreed actions.
- Developing own knowledge and business awareness by reviewing available resources and interacting with multiple stakeholders.
- Contributing to the Group Audit global team through own professional skills and technical knowledge.
Our client are searching for candidates who have/are:
- An experienced auditor with a background in financial services and/or insurance knowledge
- Relevant professional qualification such as CIA, CISA, ACA equivalent will be required. If not already qualified, such certification should be obtained within 12 months after hiring
- Knowledge of audit standards, principles of internal controls, processes, assessment and design of compliance testing
- Good understanding of complex environments, emerging technologies and related risk and controls frameworks.
- Experience within complex, multi-national organizations, preferably in an international environment
- Ability to deliver high-quality audit results in a dynamic environment
- Experience in applying and verifying Data Analytics / Data Science/ Digitalisation as part of an audit approach
- Good project management, analytical, innovative thinking, problem solving and communications skills,
- Industry leading Defined Contribution Pension scheme where employer contributions are 12 % of base salary
- 25 days holiday per year, plus the opportunity to purchase additional holiday
- Additional 3 volunteering days
- Full private medical cover
- Annual company bonus
- Car Allowance
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance x 4 base salary
- Family Friendly policies
- Discounted gym membership
- Virtual GP appointments
- Flexible working to suit both you and the business