Senior Financial Controller
- Exclusive to Michael Page
- Ground breaking AIM listed sustainable technology business
About Our Client
As a global business with multiple sites Velocys plc (AIM listed) enables sustainable fuels for aviation and heavy goods transport, using waste materials as feedstock, to cut greenhouse gas emissions and improve air quality. They combine transformative technology, operational expertise and a partnership approach to deliver sustainable fuels which are now a necessity for companies and countries to achieve Net Zero commitments.
Since 2017, Velocys has been focused on commercialisation of its technology via project development with partners to accelerate adoption and by servicing third party clients who are project developing sustainable fuels plants enabled by the Velocys technology. A capital light business model ensures the development of projects with and for large third-party customers such as British Airways, Red Rock Biofuels and Toyo Engineering.
The culture of the company is that of an entrepreneurial start-up with an exceptional team-work ethos, but with the maturity gained over two decades of diligent research, development and commercialisation.
The position of Senior Financial Controller is a pivotal role at this very exciting time for Velocys with significant growth expected within the next five years. Reporting into the Group Financial Controller this a broad all-round finance role leading the group's financial reporting and accounting whilst developing the wider finance function. At this critical stage Velocys is looking to add the right capabilities to take finance forward to help deliver this expected growth. The role will involve people, processes, systems and more, and will expose you to the end-to-end business model as it takes shape and grows.
- Responsibility for the monthly consolidated results and management report board pack including analysis of key variances to budget
- Leading the annual budget process, delivering the consolidated budgets and cash flow forecasts
- Financial controllership and management of the month-end close process
- Management and development of the internal controls framework, policies and procedures
- Preparation of the consolidated statutory accounts under IFRS including leading the Annual Report process and UK entity statutory reporting under FRS 101
- Management of the audit process with external auditors for group and UK entity audits
- Management of the intercompany process to ensure in line with group transfer pricing policies / contractual agreements
- Management of tax compliance activities, supported by external advisors, to prepare corporation tax computations, R&D tax credit claims and VAT reporting
- Ownership of the NetSuite ERP system, driving the necessary functionality improvements to support business growth
- Leadership and development of the UK and US accounting teams
The Successful Applicant
To succeed, you will be a proactive self-starter with the leadership qualities to effectively manage the finance teams based in Oxford and in Houston, USA whilst being able to multi-task, prioritise and operate in a fast-paced business environment. You will possess a keen eye for detail with the experience and integrity to ensure all reporting of financial information is delivered to internal stakeholders as required. You will have the ability to communicate in both technical and non-technical accounting terms at all levels across the business.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA)
- Minimum of 5 years experience outside practice in industry ideally with an AIM company and / or public company statutory reporting experience
- Detailed knowledge and experience of consolidation processes and reporting including multi-currency aspects
- Proven technical accounting knowledge and good knowledge of IFRS
- Demonstrable experience of managing a team of finance professionals
- ERP system experience, ideally through experience of an implementation project or leading process improvement initiatives
What's on Offer
To be part of a high performing team in a dynamic fast growth business that is working to help make companies and countries hit net 0% carbon emissions. The salary range is £90,000-100,000, discretionary bonus scheme, LTIP share options, private medical, life assurance, pension and 25 days annual leave.
Closing Date: 30/06/21
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPGWJN0520212910754Z