Interim Group Financial Controller
My well-known Manchester based client are looking to appoint a Group Financial Controller on a 12-month fixed term contract. As a company which donates 10% of annual profits to local good causes, my client is a huge investor in their people offering agile working, enhanced pension scheme, 25 days holiday with the option to buy & sell, as well as volunteering days.
Working alongside a number of high calibre colleagues, we are looking for an individual to drive results through a focus on improving existing and future state operations, systems, and processes. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling automated financial processes, this role is an important partner and advisor to the business.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Cash forecasting across the group, on a weekly and monthly basis. Presentation of cash forecasting, highlighting any issues and advice to CFO.
- Preparation and responsibility for statutory and non-statutory reporting including statutory consolidations as required across the Group.
- Prepare ad hoc modelling/analysis as required to insightful financial analysis for the senior leadership team.
- Management of annual audit process, key contact for external auditors.
- Responsibility for complex accounting transactions across the Group, ensuring alignment with accounting standards.
- Ensuring robust financial controls across the Group.
- Responsible for the development of a team of two.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an ACA/ACCA qualified accountant, ideally with group accounting and consolidation experience.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to present and communicate financial information clearly and effectively.
- Effective analytical and complex problem solving.
- A 'can-do’ attitude and be able to step up to the challenges of working in a fast paced, dynamic and developing business.
- Excellent communication skills to establish credibility and influence at all levels.