Group Financial Controller (FC)
What An Amazing Time to join this Leading Software Company based in Basingstoke, Hampshire as their Group Financial Controller (FC) to oversee their Finance function. Working closely with the VP of Finance and HR, the successful candidate needs to be a qualified and skilled accountant who has a proven track-record of automating accounting processes.
Leading a small team you will be responsible for all finance processes and procedures including reporting, compliance, balance sheet reconciliations, cashflow management and forecasting. There is great opportunity to improve processes and procedures through systems and people development to ensure robust governance and financial controls.
In addition to providing timely, accurate and compliant financial reporting you will be supporting the leadership team in achieving the business growth agenda, balancing risk and opportunities whilst also ensuring adequate capital / cash is in place to support the business.
Key responsibilities of the Group FC include
- Overseeing the production of Monthly Management Accounts and providing appropriate commentary; in line with accounting standards and the group reporting timetable
- Oversight and management of the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions
- Contribution to the monthly group reporting (financial and non-financial) packs
- Cash flow forecasting and management
- Review and approval of payroll and monthly submissions to HMRC of PAYE/NIC, including liaison with outsourced provider
- Provision of local information in the preparation of the annual financial statements
- Liaison with the external auditors during the external audit process
- Assisting the VP of Finance and HR with ongoing projects and other financial analysis
The ideal Group FC will be a Qualified Accountant with extensive financial & management reporting and statutory accounts experience, exposure to developing and maintaining financial analysis and financial modelling and in return you will receive a salary between £60k-£70k + bonus + Pension + Critical Illness + Income Protection + DIS and Private Health.