Financial Controller / Senior Group Accountant
Our client, a growing international business with a broad range of products and services, seeks a Financial Controller (Senior Group Accountant) on a 12 month contract to cover maternity leave.
The Senior Group Accountant is an integral part of the Group Finance leadership team. Reporting directly to the Group CFO, you will be accountable for a range of Group accounting activities and will be technical lead on key accounting policies. This role will work alongside both the Business Planning & Financial Planning Manager and the Group Reporting Manager; and will have a small team (circa 10) reporting to them.
This is a varied role that will require the balance of technical knowledge and excellent interpersonal skills to make sound strategic and operational decisions. You will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of key group accounting initiatives and both your advanced communication skills and management style will empower and motivate the team.
Applicants should hold a relevant professional qualification, with strong post qualification management experience in a broad position covering all aspects of general accounting.
Due to the interim nature of the role, only candidates on 3 or less weeks notice need apply.
Skills / Experience / Attributes
- Qualified accountant - CA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CGMA or equivalent
- A working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Tax including International tax and Transfer Pricing Treasury activities in an international group, include FX and commodities hedging
- Broad understanding of UK payroll
- Experience of either management or supervising other members of staff
- Experience of reporting to senior management/Board of Directors
- Familiarity with ERP systems, and Group Consolidation Software
- Ability to prioritise workload effectively
- Ability to document business procedures IT literate proficient in MS Office software and finance packages
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate financial information