Accountancy Recruit is working exclusively with an owner managed SME in Stockport to appoint a Financial Controller. This is a really exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing organisation that has been built over 35 years and has developed a new division which is growing exponentially. The role would suit an experienced Financial Controller keen for the opportunity to grow with the business and potentially move into an FD role. Equally it would be a great progression role for a Finance Manager or a recently promoted Financial Controller keen to grow with an entrepreneurial, owner managed business backed by a solid leadership team. The Financial Controller will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage the finance function with 2 direct reports.
- Implement controls, processes and procedures that are fit for purpose for a rapidly growing business and create a robust finance function.
- Oversee all transaction processing and ensure that all invoices are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Produce monthly management accounts and board pack for presentation to the Board.
- Provide recommendations for cost reduction initiatives and efficiencies across the business.
- Collaborate with operations and other areas of the business to drive efficiency and provide insight around performance.
- Budgets and forecasts.
- Provide commercial input and oversee projects from a finance perspective to monitor costs and ensure profitability.
- VAT returns.
- Manage subcontractor costs and drive efficiency where possible.
- Business partnering across the organisation.
To be successful in this role the Financial Controller will have the following experience:
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified finance professional.
- 3-5 years experience in a Senior Finance Manager or Financial Controller role.
- Team leading experience.
- Experience of Sage preferred.
- Advanced Excel experience.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work in a very hands on capacity.
- Strong interpersonal skills and business partnering experience.
- Commercial midset.
- Proven track record within a growing SME.
- Experience in the construction or facilities management sector would be beneficial.