Group Financial Planning & Analysis Manager – Watergate Bay Hotel and Another Place
3 days left
- Full Time
Based in North Cornwall the Group comprises of – Watergate Bay Hotel, Another Place Hotels & Beach Retreats.
Watergate Bay, situated on the coast in North Cornwall is a 73-bedroom hotel with restaurants, bars and a surf school. Inspired by its location the hotel has developed an ethos of ‘active relaxation’ which is at the heart of everything we do.
In 2017 the team behind Watergate Bay launched a new collection of hotels, Another Place, with the same relaxed, active and social ethos, the first of which Another Place, The Lake is located on the shore of Ullswater in the Lake District.
Beach Retreats completes the family of brands and is a fast-growing self-catering agency based in Cornwall.
Reporting to the Finance Director, this role is pivotal in analysing performance – preparing and presenting clear, meaningful reports with insightful commentary, KPI dashboards and analyses across all aspects of the business to drive improved business performance. Budgeting, forecasting, strategic planning and leading on any financial modelling requirements are an integral part of the role. There are also opportunities to be involved in a variety of ad hoc projects to support the Group’s growth plans, including capital investment appraisals and ongoing acquisitions.
- Working closely with the Executive Team to provide financial analyses and support to the business, shaping strategy and measuring progress
- Producing detailed forecasts and budgets with operational teams
- Using analytics to support monthly business reviews and ensuring good financial performance
- Analysis of monthly results including detailed sales and margin KPI’s, identifying trends, potential risks and opportunities
- Appraising capital and other projects and providing scenario analyses and objective analysis of performance
- Supporting appraisal of developments and acquisitions, highlighting opportunities / risks in commercial assumptions
- Creation of annual budgets, regular forecasts and strategic plans
- Production of clear, meaningful standardised suites of reports
- Producing dashboards of relevant business KPI’s related to, among other things, sales, marketing effectiveness, operational effectiveness and providing insight thereon
- Producing weekly revenue reports for all entities
- Attending revenue meetings with key stakeholders, providing insightful analysis on performance
- Collaborating with Group Financial Controller to improve processes
- Supporting the Finance Director and Executive Team with other ad hoc workstreams
Job Skills and Requirements
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Proficient Microsoft Excel user
- Previous experience in Financial Planning and Analysis
- Previous hospitality industry experience preferred
- Excellent communicator who can tailor message delivery to a variety of customers
- Ability to work well with others and at times independently
- Consistently deliver on commitments, despite challenging timescales and competing priorities
- Proactive, hardworking and results driven
- Analytical mindset and questioning approach
- Ability to influence and learn in an ever-changing environment
- Willing to suggest new ideas and always looking for ways to improve the way we do things
- Positive, “can do” attitude
Apply for Group Financial Planning & Analysis Manager – Watergate Bay Hotel and Another Place
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly