We are looking for an impressive, newly qualified Financial Accountant to join one of the UK’s fastest growing Fintech start-ups. Based in London, this is a full-time, permanent role.
The business has received significant investment and is now looking to scale and increase its international presence. The Financial Accountant will work closely with the Group Finance Manager to put in place financial controls and processes, month end close and reporting as well as the end of year accounts submission.
You will need to have a solid technical accounting background with good knowledge of UK GAAP/FRS102 and IFRS accounting standards but also a commercially mindset and desire to be involved in projects within the business. They are looking to go through a transformation phase, and you’ll have the opportunity to develop processes, implement new systems and work on automation projects.
Key duties of the Financial Accountant will include:
- Preparation of the annual statutory accounts (UK GAAP & IFRS Standards).
- Management of the annual audit, dealing with external auditors and preparing the audit packs.
- Preparation of the consolidated group accounts and monthly reporting.
- Month end close, cashflow management, monthly analysis and commentary.
- Implementing new internal controls.
- Supporting with improvement projects, implementing new systems and automation projects.
- Supporting the tax team with compliance.
- VAT preparation for multiple entities, UK and overseas.
Applications are invited from those who match the profile below:
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified.
- Good knowledge/experience with accounting under UK GAAP/FRS102 & IFRS.
- Start-up experience would be desirable but not essential.
- Good knowledge of “what good looks like” in terms of internal financial controls and processes.
- Any experience implementing a new system would be advantageous.
- Passion to develop new/better ways of working.
Salary & Benefits
On offer for the Financial Accountant will be:
- £50,000 - £55,000 per annum.
- Employee share options.
- L&D budgeting, training courses and study books provided.
- Life insurance.
- Healthcare plan and 24/7 GP access.
- Discounted gym membership.
If you feel you have the required experience and are interested in this Financial Accountant role, we would like to hear from you. Please apply at your earliest convenience.