The Business & Opportunity:
Fantastic opportunity to be part of the senior management team for a fast-paced multi-layered international business, operating manufacturing and distribution sites across over 70 countries.
As an established market leader within their field, they boast leading brands with a reputation for outstanding quality and design.
Reporting to the UK Managing Director and Group CFO in the USA, they are looking for a commercially aware Financial Controller to support their exciting and aggressive growth strategy.
- Develop and maintain a detailed knowledge of international financial transactions & reporting, distributors, product, pricing, current processes, shipping / logistics, purchasing histories and inventory control.
- Hands-on accounting and financial reporting for business and their subsidiary companies. This will include monthly management accounts and creating presentations for the Board Packs (twice a year), and developing and maintaining 3 year rolling pro-forma forecasts (balance sheet, cash flow and P&L).
- Prepare annual budgets for each of the international entities and assist in rolling these entities into a consolidated budget (including Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and P&L).
- Manage the Leeds based and Hong Kong based bookkeepers, mentoring them to grow and improve, establishing quarterly goals, and providing bonus incentives. Evaluate processes and staffing requirements to maximize department efficiency.
- Maintain and reconcile inter-company and foreign funds transfers. Establish and maintain banking relationships to ensure Company credit requirements are met.
- Focus on the profitably of the business model. Take a hands-on approach to working with the managers to identify areas of systems and cost improvement, with a focus on increasing Company profitability each year.
- Communicate with global distributors to: Provide appropriate counsel to them to optimise financial success; Obtain relevant financial information for data warehousing purposes and to check compliance with the royalty model; Analyse distributor purchasing history and look for opportunities to improve purchasing processes and increase revenue.
- Interface regularly with the Corporate team, ensuring that monthly closing requirements, financial forecasting and any projects are met on a timely basis. Also, to ensure the proper Inventory purchasing levels, costing and overhead allocation.
- Liaise between all areas of the business, including outside auditors and tax professionals in the preparation of annual audit and filing of all corporate tax returns, and the financial aspects of the third part distributor.
Skills & Experience required:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/ACMA).
- Experience of International trading, including logistics & shipping and international supplier and customer trade.
- Competent working knowledge of FOREX and multi-currency trading.
- Worked in a closely related sector, e.g. Distribution / Manufacturing / Logisitcs / FMCG.
- Proficient in the use of accounting software applications (Sage or similar), together with advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with particular emphasis on non-native English speakers. (Fluency in a second language would prove advantageous, but is by no means a pre-requisite).
- Results driven, with the ability to take ownership of tasks and see them through to completion.
- Critical thinking, analytical, confident and commercially aware approach to decision making and planning.
- Self-motivated, success driven, able to work independently, and prioritise multiple tasks in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to exercise initiative and identify opportunities to develop the business model.
- 'No nonsense’ / sleeves rolled up person comfortable in dealing with the detail required, whilst also able to operate comfortably within the senior management team.
What’s on Offer:
- A salary in the region of £50,000-£60,000.
- Generous Bonus.
- Free on-site parking at their modern offices on the North-West side of Leeds, hence easily commutable from Leeds, Bradford and much of Yorkshire.
- Option of Flexi-time hours.
Interviews are to be conducted imminently, hence you are advised to apply at your earliest convenience. N.B. Lyons Recruitment have been retained on an exclusive basis, hence any direct or other agency applications with be disregarded.