Commercial Finance Manager
Global logistics business based in South Leicester seek Commercial Finance Manager to oversee two new sites.
Your new company
Hays Senior Finance have been exclusively retained by a global logistics business based in South Leicestershire to recruit a Commercial Finance Manager to provide financial leadership and support to two new sites. The sites have been developed to provide distribution and logistics services a high-profile customer and as such require a hands-on commercially-focused individual to drive performance and improvements through the provision of high quality analysis, forecasting, reporting.
Your new role
Reporting into the Site Director and Group Finance Director, you will hold a stand-alone role and your duties and responsibilities will include;
- Preparing meaningful reporting and analysis to support management decision making, and identify significant trends/issues, e. monitor performance against forecast and pipeline.
- Prepare analyses on actual performance versus budget/forecast and prior year data.
- Assist Operations team in periodic operations reviews and developing KPI reporting to Key customer requirements.
- Identify areas for cost reductions and operational improvements.
- Providing finance support to operations, commercial or sales staff to help them understand performance through understanding of key business drivers and trends.
- Analysis of sales/margins - volume, price, mix vs. forecast - identifying issues, recommending actions, measuring outcomes.
- To be fully involved in the budgeting and forecasting processes including; agreeing, reviewing, challenging commercial targets with business/department leads.
- Managing ongoing forecasting and finance review to ensure commercial risks and opportunities are highlighted.
- Providing and assisting with modelling and scenario testing for new business opportunities.
- Driving margin enhancement initiatives and following capital expenditure programs.
- Reviewing and approving all commercial proposals; supporting the bid and tender process.
- Evaluating promotional plans and strategies.
- Develop and improve accounting & control processes to ensure that results are reported appropriately and on a timely basis.
- To support monthly business performance management process and reporting; liaising with shared service finance team and senior management to ensuring accurate and timely delivery of information.
- Measuring and reporting monthly KPI's to senior management
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a hands-on commercial finance professional, ideally with experience gained within the logistics and distribution industry, and the ability and gravitas to work with senior site leadership to drive performance, develop and implement procedures and processes. This high-profile role will cover a site in Leicestershire and South Yorkshire and so the ability to travel between the two, as well as enjoying home working, is important.
What you'll get in return
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary and car allowance or expensed car along with bonus scheme. A fantastic opportunity to join a global business as they continue to develop their UK operations which could lead to further fantastic career opportunities.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.