CFO (Interim 12 months FTC and part-time (3 days p/w)
Term: Interim 12 months FTC and part-time (3 days p/w)
Our client is an extremely successful Member-owned cooperative and the largest of the UK’s cooperative farm buying groups. The core business is a buying and invoicing agent for farmers through its Society business, supported by a small number of subsidiary trading entities. The recently appointed CEO is looking to hire a new CFO that can partner him and the CMT on their journey of further growth and success for their members. As part of the CMT the successful individual will be expected to contribute and add value to the management of the business and the commercial and strategic direction of the group.
- Performance of central finance team of 10 through the Financial Controller
- Ownership of the budgeting, forecasting and financial planning processes
- Group credit and risk management
- Production of monthly management accounts for all entities
- Production of monthly cashflow and balance sheet forecasts
- Preparation of the annual consolidated financial statements
- Definition of financial controls and management processes for all entities
- Completion of VAT returns
- Project accounting and analysis of new business opportunities
- Treasury management and relationships with lenders
- Strategic tax and structure planning
- Attendance at operational and Board meetings
- Liaison with external advisors - auditors, banks, lawyers
- Development and improvement of financial systems and processes
- Annual cashflow and balance sheet analysis and reporting
- Liaison with Group Credit and Risk Committee
The ideal candidate will need to be a team player who has excellent interpersonal skills and can communicate effectively at all levels across the organisation. The selected candidate will be required to be both “hands on” and involved in the detail, as well as adding being able to take on a leadership role and influence and negotiate at Board level. An understanding of mutual/member owned businesses would be an advantage.
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religious and political beliefs, education, socioeconomic background, disability, sexual orientation and geographical location to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Apply for CFO (Interim 12 months FTC and part-time (3 days p/w)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly