Competitive Salary + Study Support
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Management Accountant to join our client based in Newton Abbot. This opportunity comes with the potential to grow to Financial Controller in the short term and Finance Director in the long term. You will be working under the guidance of an experienced and supportive MD in this full-time, permanent role.
Your New Role
Duties and responsibilities of the Management Accountant will include:
- Researching, implementation and review of accounting procedures and systems in relation to operational compliance, efficiency and statutory obligations.
- Complete month end accounts and reporting in conjunction with the Managing Director.
- Compiling and distributing such KPI reports as needed by the business, including variance analysis and exception reporting to management and directors.
- Monitoring accounting systems and ensuring they are operated in line with all policies and procedures.
- Completion of monthly and quarterly returns to statutory and non-statutory bodies.
- Assisting in preparing the annual budget and ad hoc forecasting.
- Monthly VAT returns and other government statistics.
- Cash flow management.
- Preparation of purchase ledger payment runs.
- Liaising with external stakeholders as required, such as the bank, suppliers, customers, auditors and so on.
- Overseeing credit control.
- Assisting in preparing year end accounting schedules and liaising with company auditors.
- Business partnering.
In order to be successful, you will be at minimum a part qualified ACMA, ACA or ACCA Management Accountant and study support will be offered to achieve qualification. You will have excellent Excel skills and a sound knowledge of systems. Those candidates with experience in Manufacturing/FMCG are of particular interest.
If you would like to discuss this Management Accountant role in further detail, please submit your application today.