Group Financial Controller
Due to internal promotion, we have been retained by our highly successful and thriving client, to assist them with the key appointment of a Group Financial Controller. Our client is an expert in its specialist field and is continuing to expand through organic growth and a successful Buy-and-Build. Having been re-invested in earlier this year by one of the North West’s leading mid-market private equity firms, one of the world’s largest secondary investors in private equity deals has invested as a minority shareholder. The next period of partnership will support and accelerate the firm’s M&A strategy. With a best-in-class tech-enabled service, our client has established trusted relationships and boast a customer base including; Mercedes F1, Kellogg and JCB. Proud to be recognised as part of the Sunday Times International Track 200, EBITDA has increased by 50% in the last 12 months.
Working closely with an experienced Board, and reporting into a high calibre, Big 4 trained Group Finance Director, we are looking to appoint a Group Financial Controller who is keen to gain a role which provides a platform for future opportunities to advance to Finance Director level. As a key member of the Senior Leadership Team, this role will be responsible for managing all aspects of internal and external reporting and developing a high-quality finance function. Supporting both commercial and operational strategic objectives, this opportunity also provides exposure to M&A activity and subsequent integration.
- Maintain and develop a regime of robust financial controls and procedures, mitigating risk to the business.
- Oversee and prepare management information, including group consolidation, and produce statutory accounts.
- Daily, monthly, and long-term cashflow reporting, forecasting and variance analysis.
- Management and development of a Finance team of 8 direct and indirect reports.
- Prepare the monthly Board Pack ready for CFO and CEO review.
- Annual budget setting and quarterly reforecasting, maintain group financial models.
- Perform due diligence of acquisition targets and work closely with the M&A team to integrate acquired businesses into the group.
- Play a major role in design and implementation of new finance system during the next 2 years.
The ideal candidate will be an ACA qualified accountant who possesses an excellent understanding of accounting principles, supported by a successful financial reporting background. Exposure to group consolidation would be beneficial but not essential. The Group Financial Controller requires highly proficient Excel skills to produce advanced financial models, as well as be a personable and driven character who can build effective working relationships cross-functionally. As a team manager, we are looking for an individual who can demonstrate proven skills that they are able to develop a finance team in a fast-growing environment.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a private equity backed business as they venture into further consolidation and accelerated growth. With the option for agile working, a competitive salary and attractive benefits package including 10% matched pension; the role will offer vast experience within the world of M&A and provides future advancement opportunities.