Senior Finance Officer
SF Recruitment have been instructed by a charity in the Birmingham area to recruit an experienced Finance Officer to join them in a team leader position. The ideal candidate will have had exposure to overseeing team members, can be PQ / QBE / Qualified and ideally previous charity experience. Further duties of the role below:
- Update the monthly management accounts for Finance Manager's analysis.
- Reconciliation of control accounts to ensure accuracy of postings e.g. Prepayments, accruals etc.
- VAT returns.
- Assist with the annual audit processes.
- Assist with departmental income and cost analysis
- Assist in setting of budgets and financial modelling processes.
- Checking journals for approval.
- Investigating and resolving Finance transaction queries and supporting Finance Officers in resolving escalated queries.
- Oversee daily processing activities of the Finance team for accuracy and procedural compliance.
- Assist Finance Officers with bank and cash reconciliations where necessary.
- Ensuring appropriate implementation of finance procedures as they arise.
- Checking payroll and associated journals to ensure that payroll is processed and posted accurately.
- Check and authorise journals as delegated by the finance Manager.
- ONS and grant/contract/projects returns.
- Carry out any other duties that are appropriate to this post as requested by the Finance Manager or Senior managers.
If you feel this role is right for you, Please Apply Today!