Providing month end accounting for all business areas and reporting financial performance for these areas, providing analysis, understanding the variances and advising on driving improvements.
Working closely with the wider finance function providing financial support, effective analysis and providing monthly forecasts for specific business areas.
My client is a premium global manufacturing organisation based in South Wales.
- For all business areas of responsibility provide month end accounting (inc posting month end journals) and reporting of financial performance providing analysis, understanding on variances and advice on corrective actions that could drive improvements.
- Facilitate and ensure robust inputs from business areas for forecasts & budgets
- Provide monthly analysis and forecasts of cost saving initiatives (cost reductions & rebates etc) including validation of claimed savings.
- Monthly review & analysis of PPV accounting entries; to include review of the annual standard cost update and impact assessment v's prior year standards.
- Promote increased financial understanding and awareness in business areas, working with the Finance team and business to develop informative and value add KPI reporting.
- Ensure adequate financial controls are in place and maintained and act as the conscience of the business ensuring that general controls and processes are adhered to in business areas in line with best practice.
- Provide finance support for projects within the relevant business areas as required, including the development of finance reporting systems.
- Deputise for the Finance Manager - as and when required
- Adhoc reporting & any other duties as required.
Must be a Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
Used to working in a fast paced environment
Good Excel skills and proficient on all MS office packages
Knowledge of BAAN ERP systems
Excellent communication skills
Good attention to detail
Great additional benefits & employee wealth fare package
Flexible working environment
Fantastic career progression opportunities across the organisation