This privately owned business is provides equipment and services across a range of sectors and is now reaping the benefits of internal investment which is helping them attract long term contracts with larger customers. As part of this growth and a with an eye on succession planning they are now seeking to recruit a dynamic and ambitious Financial Controller to manage the company finances and help drive the profitability and growth of the business. This individual will form a key part of the management team and will be expected to play a major role in decision making, supporting the FD and board of Directors.
Managing an experienced finance department you will drive greater understanding of costs and margins to improve performance whilst also making sense of complex revenue streams and high volumes of transactions. The key duties of the Financial Controller will be:
- Produce monthly management accounts with commentary
- Develop KPI’s and MI pack for the board
- Provide analysis of costs and process efficiency
- Manage the annual budget and report variances
- Drive commercial / financial awareness in each department
- Cashflow management, banking and financial forecasting
- Managing the year end with full audit liaison
- Oversee wages, PAYE, NI and HMRC matters
- Manage the credit control, purchase ledger and invoicing team
- Support business improvement projects
As a business they are also actively looking to make complementary acquisitions so you can also expect to have to react quickly and offer financial judgement on different opportunities that come along. Great communication skills and credibility will be essential as you will be expected to challenge and question the current set up and make recommendations to stakeholders that can drive change and improve processes. The business has recently installed SAGE 200 so a flair for IT, improving systems and in particular pulling together disparate means of recording financial data would be very useful.
The ideal candidate for this vacancy must be CIMA or ACCA /ACA qualified with experience of managing the finance function for a growing SME. This will definitely be a hands on role but be some quick wins allowing you to rapidly establish yourself as a valued member of the senior team. Please apply now for immediate consideration for this superb Financial Controller opportunity!