E C Drummond is recruiting for an Agricultural Accountant to join our Finance team based in Ross-on-Wye in Herefordshire. E C Drummond has a well-established, successful and diversified farming business which has grown significantly over the past 5 years, based on excellent relationships with blue chip customers in the retail and food manufacturing sectors.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the successful candidate will be a part-qualified or qualified accountant looking to take their career to the next level by looking after all elements of finance for our Arable Farming and Fruit businesses. You will work alongside two other accountants looking after Poultry, Property Development and Storage businesses.
The role includes supervision of one member of staff who will provide admin support. You will be joining an established, friendly finance team which is always looking to improve and develop, and which will support you as required. We will also give study support for part-qualified candidates to finish their exams if they wish to.
Experience of agricultural accounting is desirable though not essential. Likewise, knowledge of Farmplan Business manager (FBM) software would be beneficial, and strong Microsoft Excel skills is essential.
The role includes:
- Management accounting and business partnering to support the Arable and Fruit businesses
- Monthly cashflow and profitability reporting, annual budgeting and financial reporting
- KPI reporting, performance analysis and regular interaction with the operational management teams
- Overseeing the work of one administration assistant to ensure accurate timely reporting of all areas of the Arable and Fruit businesses
- Project evaluation and decision support
- Significant daily exposure to the finance director and the business owners
The person we’re looking for is driven, has high personal standards, is an excellent communicator, is flexible and adaptable and keen to grow and improve personally.
This is an incredibly exciting role for that that budding person wanting to join this diverse business and make an impact whilst we go through a period of transition and growth.
We are looking to fil this role ASAP
Apply for Agricultural Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly