- Varied role within an international business
- Great opportunity to add value and drive change and improvement
About Our Client
David Brown Santasalo combines almost three centuries of gearbox manufacturing experience with a global service presence close to key industrial regions, operating in over 28 global locations with over 1,100 employees.
Originally family owned and founded in 1860, the business began as a pattern manufacturing company, before moving into manufacturing of gears and complete gear units for motor vehicles, aircraft and ships, being instrumental in the production of gearboxes for warships and tanks in WW1. Interestingly, in the 1940s David Brown acquired Aston Martin for a period of time, producing the legendary DB series of Aston Martins which were featured in some James Bond films!
The family sold the business in an MBO in the early 1990s, and since 2012 the business have been backed by N4 Partners, a specialist industrial advisory and investment firm. In 2016, David Brown merged with a Finnish competitor Santasalo, to create David Brown Santasalo and become one of the world's leading mechanical power transmission brands, engineering and manufacturing industrial gearboxes for industries including defence, oil & gas, marine operations, mining, power generation and rail to name a few.
A role has become available in the Group Finance Team reporting into the Group Finance Manager for a qualified Accountant to focus on group cash management and generation, working capital and treasury improvement programs, as well as forming an integral part of the group accounts function.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing and improving individuals and group processes through continuous improvements programs
- Reviewing and preparing group wide cash flow and working capital forecasts
- To assist in the preparation and review of annual budgets and reporting
- Production of monthly management accounts
- Monthly cash reporting and analysis over performance across the group
- Liaising with global Banks and Lenders through formal reporting and on a daily operational basis
- To manage and maintain operational banking facilities
- Management of Bond & Guarantee and wider Financing facilities
- Assisting in reviewing and arranging other treasury functions i.e. FX contracts when appropriate
- Working with suppliers and intercompany partners to ensure effective utilisation of Group cash and funding
- Business partnering with international sites to improve local liquidity and cash management processes
- To proactively drive an upgrade programme for Group Treasury, including the development of more sophisticated cash pooling processes and a more formal hedging strategy
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for a qualified Accountant (ideally ACA/ACCA but CIMA also considered), either making the move from Practice or Industry qualified with experience in manufacturing.
You must be a confident communicator, able to business partner effectively given you will be working with operations globally. It's a fast-paced business, so you will be deadline driven and pro-active in your approach.
SAP experience would be advantageous, but not essential.
What's on Offer
David Brown Santasalo are offering a competitive package.
Whilst the initial induction period would involve the successful candidate being in the office, there is absolutely opportunity for the right candidate to work remotely with semi-regular travel to the head office in Huddersfield, which is easily commutable from West/South Yorkshire and parts of the North West.
Closing Date: 26/07/21
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPGWJN0620212925389Z