£Competitive Salary + Benefits
Warwick Estates are a Property Management Company that innovate, invest in our technology and individual mastery to add value to our service and raise industry standards. We deliver an innovative approach to property management. Our concentration of experienced and motivated professionals, coupled with our established, state of the art, bespoke property system allows us to deliver an award-winning, personal service
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Financial Controller is responsible for managing the finance team, systems, reporting, providing financial analysis and planning for the business.
This incorporates key financial elements such as P&L, BS and Cashflow management, along with Management Accounts reporting and KPI reporting.
The role incorporates the provision of reporting to the business, including board level, along with key internal and external stakeholder interaction, including support in key acquisitions.
- A strategic thinker with strong commercial/business skills.
- Highly numerate, meticulous attention to detail and work accuracy.
- Comfortable in a role that requires being hands on when required
- Excellent communication capabilities in both written and verbal English.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Team‐orientated yet able to work independently.
- Significant interpersonal and influencing skills, engages effectively at all levels both internally and externally.
- Gravitas to be able to liaise with directors and senior management to challenge and implement business improvements.
- Ability to present and articulate financial information/complex ideas simply and concisely.
- Proactive, highly organised, results orientated and self‐motivated.
- Open and approachable, able to build confidence and gain buy‐in; focused on creating a “no surprises” environment.
- Operates with utmost integrity and honesty; cognisant of the importance of maintaining and enhancing the Company’s brand and reputation.
What you’ll be doing and the experience you need
- Preparing Monthly Management Accounts including commentary and variance analysis across the P&L, balance sheet and cashflow
- Communicating monthly results to the board of directors
- Managing the month‐end cycle incorporating balance sheet reconciliations and recording all applicable transactions
- Managing the finance system ensuring all transactions recorded by the relevant Finance departments e.g. Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Capex
- Managing the compilation of regular departmental management & KPI reporting
- Working closely with the Finance Business Partner to understand revenue performance each month including variations to budgets and forecasts
- Challenging and reviewing spend by Budget Holders across various departments
- Responsibility for co‐ordinating and preparing the annual budget and periodic forecasts.
- Working closely with Finance Business Partner to understand revenue performance each month including variations to budgets and forecasts
- Management of cashflow, including daily cash reporting and cash flow forecasting
- Responsibility for co-ordinating annual audit process
- Responsibility for providing required information relating to preparation of annual statutory accounts
- Responsibility for tax related matters including PAYE, VAT, UK Corporate Tax Planning and Administration
- Establish and maintain systems and processes that ensure the integrity of the Company’s financial information
- Ad‐hoc project work for the CFO and CEO
- Support of Payroll process ensuring confidentiality of information
- Administrator of banking platforms
- ACA, ACCA, or CIMA qualified with post qualification experience.
- Experience as a Financial Controller (preferred)
- Experience within the Property Management industry (ideal)
- Strong technical knowledge - UK GAAP/FRS102
- Daily Cash‐flow forecasting and management
Why work with Warwick?
Not only do we offer a competitive salary, but also our pension scheme, an annual profit share bonus, and free parking. You’ll get the opportunity to work directly with our renowned and exciting brands in a flexible and agile environment. We strive to achieve a family-friendly culture and to, above all, create possibilities for all
Support with your career development aspirations with fully funded training programmes such as IOSH, NEBOSH, IRPM and many more.
We’re a top quality agent, named winner of the national / largest Managing Agent category at the PMAs and
Highly Commended at the ARMA ace awards
We received recognition as an employer of choice in the sector by achieving highly commended Employer of the Year at the ARMA Ace Awards and NOTB PMA’S
We’re in the top 50 of the Property Week best places to work 2019Our bespoke Residential Property Management Course (RPMC) supports learners to become fully qualified professionals
Employee Assistance Programme including support on matters such as Family, Health, Money and Work