3 days left
- Full Time
Commercial Financial Controller
Pratap Partnership are delighted to be exclusively partnering with a world-wide industry leading manufacturing business based in Shrewsbury. We are helping the business appoint a Financial Controller which will have a strong focus on commercial finance and business partnering.
This is a site lead Finance role overseeing and responsible for the finances and related performance of the site, maintaining robust controls over financial and other business systems and preparing management accounting analysis to support sound business decisions. This role will be supporting the site General Manager (GM) in owning the business KPIs and monitoring business performance, whilst making a significant contribution as a member of the senior management team and sharing knowledge/increasing awareness of financial and other issues and risks.
The role is supported from above by the Group FD and by one direct report, (Cost and Project Accountant) making up the ‘Site Finance’ team responsible for financial planning, analysis and costing.
Essential duties include:
- Driving a system of daily/weekly/monthly trackers and dashboards for business performance and delivery of forecasts, including improving forecast accuracy and tools to estimate impact of known and potential issues
- Responsibility for forecasting and budgeting processes, including roll-out across non-financial functions and communication of risk to/managing expectations of leadership teams
- Understanding of business performance drivers through trend analysis, financial modelling and engagement in operational matters to understand and identify root causes and countermeasures
- Oversee development and updating of the costing system
- Production of management reports and analytical review to aid discussion with GM and management team focusing on performance versus targets and improving quality of information
- Working capital management – supporting the business to improve ratios by both direct and indirect actions
- Inventory management support, including leading the stock take process, tracking and driving actions to improve excess inventory levels and turnover of stock and WIP
- Lead reporting into US parent by collaborating with the UK Shared Finance team and sharing information, assisting in process change and any roll-out of new Group global policies and requirements
- Business Partnering, to include supporting Group FD in evaluating site specific commercial opportunities, contract pricing and business strategies
- Support and mentor the Cost & Project Accountant and members of the Shared Finance Team building a succession pipeline for the Controller role
Education and Experience:
- Graduate with recognised Professional Qualification (Industry or Practice) e.g. CIMA, ACCA, ACA etc.
- Extensive manufacturing experience, including site leadership roles and working with senior stakeholders
Candidates immediately available or on a shorter notice period would be preferable
Apply for Financial Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly