Head of Finance (RC)
Having successfully managed the search to appoint the current Managing Director, psd Group are now very pleased to be supporting the further growth and development of the business and as such we are now looking to support the appointment of a Head of Finance
Our client are a global manufacturer of chemical dilution, dispensers and dosing equipment. With their HQ, R&D and manufacturing facilities are based in the UK, they export to 85 Countries worldwide, supported by subsidiaries and exclusive distributors. Product ranges cover all hygiene environments, such as away from home washrooms, healthcare and leisure facilities, on premise laundries, industrial laundries and professional kitchens.
Reporting to the Managing Director, this role is a key member of the Senior Leadership Team responsible for leading and setting the strategic direction for all aspects of Marketing across the Group. Given the nature of our client’s business, specific focus is needed on product management and development, and the Design and Development function will report into this role.
This role will lead the generation of management intelligence to support and drive business success in our clients chosen markets and product portfolio, determining the key economic trends, markets, products, services and channels necessary for accelerated levels of growth. The existing Marketing Communications function will report into this role, fulfilling the need to promote the group’s offerings to the entire marketplace and in driving the internal and external communications plan.
Reporting to the Managing Director and as a key member of the Senior Leadership Team you will take the lead on managing and overseeing financial matters for the various businesses within the group; monthly management accounts; financial insights and commentary; various monthly financial reports; company secretary responsibilities; internal auditing; the management and development of accounting policies; systems, processes and personnel involved. Involvement and input into strategic financial decisions and investments; ensuring rigour in delivering returns and evaluating performance.
Role & Responsibilities
- Business and Financial strategy and planning for the group (ongoing / annual plan / strategic plan)
- Overseeing the preparation of the monthly management accounts and other key reports (Cashflow, P&L, Working Capital and KPIs)
- Contributing to strategic planning and development as a member of the Senior Leadership Team
- Produce and distribute key financial reports to the executive and management team at group and individual company level and to the parent company.
- Prepare and lead financial presentations to SLT and parent company.
- Contribute to the target achievement within the 5-year business plan – insight, challenge and proactive drive towards continual achievement
- The management and development of financial policies, systems, processes and associated personnel within the group.
- Play a leading role in the development of future processes and systems necessary for the significant growth of the business.
- Lead the development of major business cases, ensuring financial rigour and challenge whilst facilitating creative development of ideas and concepts.
- Financial staff management, motivation, training, recruitment and selection.
- Oversee the team of Business Analysts - support ongoing and development activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency in this function.
- Comply with the duties of Company Secretary for the various companies within the group, including the submission of annual returns and insurance policies.
- Oversee the submission of the VAT returns for the group and various other government monthly/quarterly returns.
- Assist the senior leadership team within each company with the setting of pricing policies for the products we sell and the continued monitoring of our margin expectation from such products.
- Development and overseeing of our Banking, Audit and Insurance Broker relationships.
- Assisting the Managing Director with the regulatory requirements of operating within the USA, Germany, Spain and France (and other countries in due course) and liaising with the various professional advisors within this country.
- Responsibility for overseeing and authorising the monthly BACS and payroll processes.
- Oversee the Audit and Corporation Tax Return processes
- Responsibility for budgetary control on certain overheads such as insurances, utilities and professional fees.
- Contributing to the annual review of labour and overhead recovery rates.
- Project lead mergers and acquisition plans
- Responsibility for site and building leases within the group.
- Act as role model for the organisation’s values.
- Provide visible leadership for group safety and product stewardship initiatives and ensure a safe working culture is entrenched within the business, complying with safety and security standards and regulations.