About the role
We are looking for a credible, commercial Finance Analyst to join us and work with the Plumb & Parts Local Management Team to challenge and drive financial performance, including supporting the Senior Finance Business Partner delivering quality reporting and analysis. This is a great opportunity to add value to our Plumb & Parts Local business, which has 336 branches across the UK.
You will be responsible for
- Analyse the Regional (3 in total), Area (15) and Branch (336) performance within the Plumb Parts Local business unit with the objective of driving financial improvements
- Review monthly financial performance, identify areas for improvement and actions to deliver
- Preparation of the monthly presentation packs (Area and Regional)
- Supporting Regional Managers in the monthly Area review meetings - presenting financial performance and investigating any queries
- Build and submit monthly forecasts and the annual budget
- Assisting with the preparation of Branch and Showroom Targets
- Preparing the Showroom Profit and Loss accounts and supporting analysis
- Support the preparation of business cases for financial investments
- Performance of high-quality ad-hoc analysis / presentation of sales, gross margin and costs. This includes product, supplier, customer segmentation
- Part qualified in either ACA/ACCA/CIMA or looking to begin studying
- High level of analytical and problem-solving skills – solution-focused approach
- Able to work at pace, an ability to work to strict, tight deadlines, ensuring the business is presented with quality data
- High degree of commercial acumen, resilient, strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience of working as a service provider for internal stakeholders. Willing to take a customer-centric approach and to focus upon collaborative cross-functional working
- Credible communicator, ability to present to stakeholders of all levels, able to provide information in clear yet commercial terms
- In-depth experience of IT packages, including strong Excel skills and experience of report writing is preferred (e.g. business objects).
About your development and benefits
We aim to unlock your potential and equip you with all the skills required to move to the next stage in your career with us, whilst earning a full salary. This all starts with your induction where you get to know us and our business and continues with relevant training and development.
Our people get benefits including:
- Pension plan
- Holiday - 23 days increasing to 25 after 2 years’ service
- Staff discounts on hundreds of retailers
- Cycle to work scheme
Wolseley UK is the country’s largest plumbing, heating and cooling trade specialist merchant and we aim to be the first choice specialist merchant for trade customers.
We supply 180,000 different products to over 100,000 customers every year. Join us and you’ll be part of a team that gets the right products to customers at the right price, in the right place, and at the right time. You’ll also enjoy extensive training and an award-winning pension and great rewards package. And, as part of the UK’s largest specialist distributor of plumbing and heating products, you’ll have access to a wide variety of career opportunities.
Apply for Finance Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly