£35,000 - £45,000 + bonus, benefits & flexible working.
Aila is excited to announce we’re in an exclusive partnership with a well-run, exciting and ambitious, leading distributor to the retail and hospitality industry on the recruitment of an ACCA/CIMA studying or qualified Commercial Accountant on a permanent basis. Our client trades with leading supermarket chains, high-end restaurants and premium hotels in addition to circa 800 prestigious merchants and outlets.
They have an impressive and longstanding history and have continued to grow rapidly in recent years. Current turnover for 2020 is £86m, and they are confident of hitting their goal of reaching £100m in the next 12 months.
We are seeking a motivated, confident and reliable self-starter who is highly organised and able to manage the variety and volume of workflow. Excellent attention to detail with the ability to think comprehensively and be proactive is essential. The scope of this role is broad and central, interacting with every area of the business.
Flexibility to manage multiple projects simultaneously and your colleagues’ expectations, in an environment with shifting priorities is also a key skill required. This position will assist with not only and most importantly Commercial and Finance departments but also the day-to-day running of the business.
They operate in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment but it’s unbelievably welcoming, and therefore you will be given time and support to understand the complexity of the company.
You will be a confident and assuring individual with excellent Excel skills and the ability to build relationships across the wider business. A strongly analytical mind and a problem-solving mindset is essential as the business is continuously changing and it’s a fast paced environment. Because of this, there is opportunity to develop further and progress within the business too.
- Support maintenance and update of pricing structures for the entire Portfolio, including standard, bespoke and ad-hoc deals
- Partner with Brand Managers, National and Regional Sales Teams, Customer Service, Logistics and Finance departments to ensure these areas of the business are supported and function efficiently
- Assisting in the planning of stock cycles-as driven by sales, including analysing, managing and discounting stock positions with a view to minimise losses
- Complete commercial audits, challenging and querying necessary areas to reduce business risk and improve profitability
- Work closely with Customer Services, Logistics and Finance to provide support with operational and technical ERP issues
- Setup Regional Promotions, monitor and report on effectiveness
- Understand ECRM, business requirements and implement solutions & improvements as the business evolves
- Respond to changes in legislation including free-trade, tax, duty and forthcoming environmental initiatives and reporting requirements
- Quarterly and Annual Commercial Support billing, including recodes
- Oversee all aspects of commercial initiatives, bespoke agreements and future B2C fulfilment
- Maintain stock records including new product & product group setup, third party data feeds and challenging integrity of existing product data
- Logistics Authorisation, Nominal Analysis, Accruals and standard cost setting.
Aila is a specialist finance recruitment business that was established with a modern vision of what a recruitment partner should be. With a genuine goal to provide the best jobs to the best people, we operate as an extended arm of our client’s business and a career coach for our candidates ongoing development.
Apply now for more information on this role. If you’re looking to make a move but this role is different to what you’re looking for, get in contact with us today and start a partnership with a finance agency that puts you first.