This business provides specialist services to a range of corporate and domestic customers. They are currently implementing a new strategic plan which will shape their development over the next five years. A key part of this will be the introduction of an experienced Finance Manager to communicate financial matters to the senior management team in a more meaningful way. Initially the role will involve working closely with a part time FD / consultant who has been helping them implement this process but longer term your role will develop into a Head of Finance / Finance Director level position.
The key to this appointment is getting someone who can help them work smarter, improve processes and provide accurate, meaningful data to support decision making across the business. The main responsibilities for this position will be:
• Providing monthly, quarterly and annual reports to directors and department managers
• Delivering insight, KPI’s and analysis against budget and forecast
• Driving the creation of budgets and cost benefit modelling exercises
• Reporting on project performance and WIP
• Cash flow forecasting, reporting actual cash performance and identifying trends
• Managing the finance team, supervising sales/purchase ledger and credit control
• Ensuring financial compliance and correct governance
• Managing year end accounts production, tax and HMRC matters
• Process improvement to project management and financial systems
The ideal candidate for this role would have excellent systems skills with the ability to analyse and manipulate date to identify trends and articulate financial matters to management. A strong background in reporting, budgeting and forecasting will be essential along with the ability to modernise and improve processes, advocating and implementing change across the organisation. Suitable applicants must be CIMA / ACCA / ACA qualified with previous experience of a financial management role.