Assistant Tax Manager - Global employer
This role is to support the Group Tax Manager in managing the global tax affairs of the group.
Our client are an exciting business locally based in Cheltenham. They offer continuous development and an exciting working environment.
The key responsibilities of this Assistant Tax Manager (In house) based in Cheltenham are:
- Support the Group Tax Manager in the day to day running of the tax department including taking the lead on ad-hoc projects, when required.
- Assist and manage the implementation of Group tax policies and appropriate tax governance controls
- Assist with HMRC risk reviews and other international tax audits.
- Assist reviewing current Group Transfer pricing policies, ensuring the policies are adhered to and working on the implementation of adjusted policies.
- Act as a contact point for external advisors, agreeing submission timetables which work both internally and with our external advisors together with providing all necessary data required to complete the direct tax filings.
- Preparation of Group IFRS tax provisions and FRS 102 tax provisions for the UK statutory accounts.
- Work to ensure that tax advice and updates are communicated and implemented throughout the business, liaising with the most suitable teams and building an internal network.
Our client is searching for candidates who have/are:
- Hold the ACA, ACCA, CTA qualification
- A technically strong tax professional with in depth experience of Corporation Tax and tax accounting together with a broad general awareness of all other taxes.
- A highly organised, diligent person with exceptional attention to detail.
- A strong communicator able to present confidently within the business.
- A team player able to work effectively and collaboratively across the business.
A highly competitive salary
Company Pension Scheme
25 days holiday plus an extra day to celebrate your birthday
Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
Eligibility to join Share Save initiatives
A range of team and company-wide social events
Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, well being services and much, much more