Purchase Ledger Manager
A manufacturing business based in Hull is currently recruiting a Purchase Ledger Manager to join their busy finance team. This is a full-time, permanent position.
The successful Purchase Ledger Manager will be responsible for the management of the purchase ledger function and team, as well as supporting the Finance Manager and the wider team with general finance administration.
Your New Role
Key responsibilities for the successful Purchase Ledger Manager will include:
- Hands on management of the purchase ledger and 4 purchase ledger assistants.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring that all purchases are (where applicable) subject to a 3-way matching process and are processed in a timely manner by the purchase ledger team.
- First reviewer of all supplier payments ready for final approval by the Financial Reporting Controller.
- Managing communication flows through the purchase process to ensure that any supplier correspondence is dealt with promptly and appropriately.
- Management of the shared purchase ledger team email inbox.
- Ownership of Finance team responsibilities relating to customs compliance for both sales and purchases - ensuring that all information submitted for customs clearance is done so on a timely basis and is complete and accurate.
- Completion of various reconciliations to support the weekly and monthly financial reporting process.
- Communicating effectively where required with internal and external auditors.
- Assisting in the development of the wider team, including coaching, mentoring and appropriate delegation of work.
- Acting as a holiday / absence cover for other members of the Finance team.
- Various other ad hoc finance duties and projects when required.
Ideally, you will have had previous experience in a Transactional Team Leader or Purchase Ledger/Sales Ledger Supervisor role.
Salary & Benefits
Excellent benefits are on offer for the Purchase Ledger Manager, including a competitive salary of circa £26,000 per annum, dependent on experience.
If you are interested in being considered for this Purchase Ledger Manager role, please apply now.