Commercial Financial Controller
Commercial Financial Controller | £60,000 - £70,000 | Chorley
This is a role you will look back on and think – “joining that business was an absolute game-changer”
It is a perfect step for someone who qualified ACA, stepped to industry but is now looking for a role that really propels their career, development and earning potential.
- It’s a fast growth business – seriously fast, eye-wateringly fast. They’ve more than doubled turnover in the past 2 years and expect growth to accelerate furiously from here on in. There is massive scope for increased market share and the expansion is being underpinned by impressive investment in infrastructure – namely amazingly talented and driven people and state of the art tech.
- You’ll be joining a highly capable, intelligent and high calibre leadership team all of whom are on the upward trajectories of their own careers. There is a major buzz around the business. It’s an exciting place to work and the opportunity for you is genuinely stand out.
- The role is not focused on technical accounting, smoothing month end controls or making sure stat accounts and tax packs are accurate…. your role has a truly commercial focus. 80%+ of your time is business partnering – working directly for a strategically focused FD and amid a senior leadership team of highly credible and focused peers.
- There’s loads to get stuck into - you’ll own FP&A, budgeting and forecasting but your time will be spent influencing key decisions & providing financial and commercial insights, modeling scenarios & project accounting- in a business with ambitious plans and aspirational directors. There are also potential acquisitions to play a part in.
It’s not for the feint hearted- it’s a sensible work life balance but there’s tons going on! You need to be an intelligent, confident and astute finance professional with an appetite for working in a rapid growth and agile business where change will be the absolute norm. You’ll need to be really commercially minded and be someone who loves speaking to non finance colleagues about a range of exciting challenges, opportunities and strategies.
You also need to have your sleeves rolled up – this is a business looking to transition from £20m t/o to £100m turnover pretty swiftly and you need to be comfortable getting stuck in (and be doing it with a broad smile on your face!)
You’ll be rewarded with an excellent package and bonus and there is share potential in the near future (which could be a significant wealth creation opportunity).
Gamechanger for someone looking to fast track their career and be part of something special (with the added value of it being a lucrative journey for everyone involved!)
- An excellent academic record including ACA qualification.
- A background within a credible practice environment. You will ideally have made the step to industry into a commercial role / business partnering / controls or group role and be looking for the step to a highly visible commercially focused FC role.
- Mega communication skills – you’ll be a close partner and peer to the head of across all areas (Operations, Commercial, IT, Marketing, Product) and you need to be a team player with natural gravitas and professionalism.
- Great Excel skills.
- Commerciality – this is key – you need to be able to collate the messages from the business and the numbers to bring the reality of the challenges / opportunities into clear and sharp focus.
- Natural drive and ambition. You’ll really have chance to make a name for yourself and build your profile in the sector and in front of some significant investors.
If you are keen to have a confidential discussion regarding this particular position please apply / contact our team.