Our client is a VC backed digital tech business with an impressive international, blue chip client base. They are now looking to recruit a new Finance Director who can work as a key strategic partner to the CEO and existing management team.
- Partnering with the CEO and Investors to monitor and manage the Business Plan and drive the growth and performance of the business.
- Keeping a constant and disciplined grip on key financial levers, ensuring they are being fully optimised, and implementing a robust KPI framework to effectively measure business performance and key milestones in the Business Plan, with a focus on revenue growth, EBITDA and cash.
- Working with the CEO and the other members of the team to ensure appropriate and challenging targets are set and the business has robust supporting financial controls, KPIs and metrics to deliver them.
- Consistently provide constructive challenge and support to the CEO and the Board, proactively identifying and potentially taking responsibility for the implementation of operational improvement initiatives.
- Implement improved and new operational systems that will support the growth of the business moving forward.
The FD will have direct responsibility for managing the financial performance of the company along with the below:
- Preparing the financial objectives for the business, responsible for the annual budgeting process in line with the Business Plan; forecasting; and financial planning processes.
- Leading the design and provision of relevant and insightful financial and operating information and analysis to the Board and Shareholders in a timely manner, giving a clear overview of business performance and fuelling commercial decision making and strategic planning discussions.
- Responsible for sourcing information for the Board Pack, collating and distribution.
- Assessing performance against both the budget and long term strategy, providing financial input into key operational decisions.
- Developing and managing robust financial systems and controls and taking responsibility for risk and finance policies; multi-jurisdiction tax analysis, and planning and structuring.
- Leading cash and working capital management and managing the treasury requirements of the business to best effect, including foreign exchange and hedging activities, and refinancing the business when the need arises.
- Managing the annual audit process and ensuring rigorous compliance with financial reporting requirements.
- Be able to support acquisitions through modelling, overseeing DD and post-acquisition ensuring systems and processes are up to scratch and combined into the group.
- Developing and leading a fully functional and visible finance team.
- Lead the finance function to ensure that high standards of control and accountability are in place and the business is supported in the most effective way.
- Communicating with relevant stakeholders.
- Communicating effectively to the Board and all shareholders.
- Where necessary, leading communications with, and developing strong, long term banking relationships. .
- Leading communications with all external advisors with regard to audit, tax, insurance and ensuring compliance with all required reporting to relevant authorities.
Candidate Attributes - Experience and Personal Characteristics
- Relevant sector experience in white collar services, Technology, or professional services.
- Evidence of a strong focus on value creation and cash management, as well as the credibility to manage relationships with key external stakeholders.
- Focus and attention to detail – continuously monitors day to day financial metrics and performance, spots issues quickly and finds solutions.
- Drive for results – proactive and energetic, with unerring focus on delivering long term performance goals and continual improvement.
- Strategic thinking – intellectually capable, with the ability to act as a challenging commercial partner to the CEO and Board.
- Commercial judgement – informed by analytical skills and instinctive nous.
- Motivation, energy, and drive – high integrity with a strong work ethic and personal motivations aligned with the goals of the business and the existing team.
- Working with others – ability to operate successfully in a range of environments, with the appetite to be hands on in an entrepreneurial environment and the credibility to build strong relationships at the most senior level.
- Experience of working in a private equity backed business or leveraged environment.
- Experience of international expansion and growth with a particular emphasis on USA.
- Experience in entrepreneurial, high growth environments with the versatility to lead a diverse range of projects and work streams.
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religious and political beliefs, education, socioeconomic background, disability, sexual orientation and geographical location to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.