Senior Project Systems Accountant - FTC
Resourcery Group are working with a financial services company who are undergoing a period of transformation in finance. We are looking to bring on board a Senior Projects/Systems accountant who can play a key part in identifying and delivering change with the IT team.
The purpose of this role is to support Finance, company-wide and strategic projects including undertaking business impact feasibility studies and impact on Finance readiness. Ensuring appropriate third party advice / opinion is gathered on key technical or industry developments provide technical expertise and evaluate options.
This role will report back to stakeholders and manage expectations, plan and ensure projects can be resourced to meet demanding timelines whilst maintaining an effective control environment. Ensure project management governance is adhered to using the company's project methodology tools. Value will be added value through knowledge of Finance. Planning, assessing and implementing change to processes, systems and software to meet these demanding requirements and timescales.
· Liaise with appointed Project Manager’s on all projects required within Finance and ensure that requirements, scope, timeline and budgets are agreed.
· As a workstream lead, co-ordinate and lead diverse teams pulled together to deliver ‘special projects’ ensuring that the right skills, capabilities and experience are available to support the effective delivery of the ‘special project’.
· Working with key stakeholders to identify the right people to support ‘special projects’.
· Working with external advisors to ensure appropriate technical and external advice is received (where required) to deliver requirements.
· Provide expertise within project teams to ensure most suitable solutions in line with strategy are delivered.
· Proactively developing and maintaining a current and accurate knowledge of Finance and Accounting solutions available internally and/or externally.
· Ensure the wider Finance teams are business ready for the acceptance of new change. Ensure the delivery of operating models impacted by change
· Providing insightful status updates and ensuring escalation of risks and issues to the appropriate forums and stakeholders.
· Complying with overall change governance standards and policies. ·
- Knowledge of payment systems and regulatory compliance for payments particularly BACs and DD.
- Experience of Project involvement and management
- Qualified / part qualified accounting professional with in depth knowledge of relevant accounting systems and substantial user experience of Finance business functions. CIMA/ACCA/ACA or QBE.
Who are Resourcery Group?
We are one of the North West’s most experienced and well-networked, independent Accounting & Finance, Change and Transformation recruitment consultancies.
Resourcery Group have grown quickly since inception and are now considered as the go-to recruitment partner and trusted adviser by many of the region’s leading employers, from owner-managed SMEs and PE-backed business to listed PLCs.
We are sector agnostic, finance specific. A local market expert with national reach.
Resourcery Group specialise in talent identification, attraction, resourcing and retention, providing our clients with a diverse pool of talent drawn from the Executive, Sub-Executive, Mid-Market and Newly Qualified, Part-Qualified and Transactional markets for Industry & Commerce, Public Sector and Not-for-Profit.
Please visit our website: www.resourcerygroup.com for more information on the business ethos and how we create value as part of the recruitment cycle, complimenting internal talent teams.