Audit and Accounts Manager - Central London
I am recruiting for a qualified Audit and Accounts Manager to work for a top 20 practice in central London, to assist the Partners and Associate Partners in delivery of statutory audit and accounts preparation services, and to manage and allocate work to the audit team.
They are an accountancy firm specialising within the owner managed business area across the UK. A well-established firm since the 1930's with an entrepreneurial and dynamic feel who are continuing to grow nationally as well as regionally.
In return the Audit and Accounts Manager role is offering a competitive salary with huge career progression within the firm and great benefits package.
The Audit and Accounts Manager duties will be:
- Plan assignments in conjunction with the partners and associate partners
- Lead some of our largest and most complex assignments
- Planning and delivery of audit/accounts assignments
- Supervise junior staff during the audit and review their work
- Deliver the audit file to the assignment partners and associate partners in timely manner
- Identify cross-selling opportunities and potential management letter points
- Manage client communication in effective manner
- Monitor your chargeability and your assignment budgets pro-actively
- Coach other staff for improved performance and technical development
- Develop specialist sector knowledge and keep abreast of industry developments
- Mentor audit and accounts trainees and contribute to the office's training and development programme
- Experience of OMB/SME private company audits: planning, budget preparation, identifying key risks, developing an audit plan, executing the audit on site
- Knowledge of and experience of current auditing standards and approaches: analytical review, documenting systems and controls, sampling techniques
- Experience preparing audit and accounts files using an electronic working paper system such as Caseware/ MyWorkingPapers, and IRIS for accounts preparation.
- Significant prior experience of statutory company accounts preparation under FRS102 including LLPs
- Experience of preparing and auditing consolidated accounts and component auditor issues
- Leadership experience - experience supervising teams on-site and reviewing their work
- Experience of preparing budgets and monitoring actual time against budget
- ACA/ACCA qualified
The Audit and Accounts Manager will have the following skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- A strong interest in owner managed businesses and general commercial awareness
- The ability to manage multiple deadlines and prioritise effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude
- Courteous and professional
If you are keen to secure a progressive Audit and Accounts Manager role within a unique top 20 accountancy firm offering a great career progression, please apply today to find out more.