Group Financial Controller (PLC)
- Full Time
Our client is a substantial and rapidly growing multinational Group with a full listing on the London Stock Exchange and an extremely strong existing balance sheet. Expanding rapidly organically, the business is also seeking to make targeted acquisitions internationally and expects to double in size over the next 5 years.
The business is looking to recruit a Group Financial Controller, responsible for managing the Group Finance function including consolidation and external reporting (including IFRS), Tax and Treasury, Budgeting and Forecasting, Risk and Controls and liaising closely with Divisional Finance Directors across the Group.
The successful candidate will be seeking a career opportunity in a dynamic global PLC. The role holder will be a fully qualified accountant with previous experience in a PLC environment of managing a PLC audit process and finance teams, preparing and reporting Group consolidated accounts, and ensuring robust controls and compliance.
Reporting to the CFO, key responsibilities include the following:
- Internal and External Reporting: Preparation of interim and annual results under IFRS for the Group and divisions; Ensure internal cyclical reporting processes including flash, final results, forecasts, budgeting and strategic planning are produced accurately and on time; Preparation of Board reports and commentaries, Audit Committee papers and presentations at Audit Committee;
- Management: Manage and develop team of 4 direct reports;
- External Relations: Dealing with ad hoc investor and analyst queries;
- Audit and Accounting: Manage the Group annual plc audit process; Assess the impact of changes in accounting standards;
- Tax and Treasury: Management of Tax and Treasury;
- Business Partnering: Build productive business partnering relationship with divisional Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and others;
- ACA or ACCA qualified accountant with at least 10 years’ post qualification experience, ideally gained in an international PLC environment;
- Strong technical financial reporting (IFRS) knowledge and understanding of tax, treasury and consolidation systems with a track record of delivering ongoing improvement of systems, processes and controls; Experience of acquisition and foreign exchange accounting (desirable);
- Ideally have led bank refinancing, previously been the main point of contact for banking relationships;
- A strong controls mindset and background;
- Proactive, analytical individual who works to high personal standards;
- An adept leader of people with outstanding communication and presentation skills and personal gravitas
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a leading edge business at a time of change and considerable growth.
Apply for Group Financial Controller (PLC)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly