Finance Manager, Manchester, 6 Month FTC, Media, £50-55,000
We are recruiting for a key client of hours within one of the largest global Media networks. They are looking for an interim FC on a 6- month contract.
- Develop, improve, streamline & actively deliver value adding management information and insights to the business to enable achievement of revenue and profit targets
- Collaborate with individuals/teams within the Agency & Finance functions to identify, evaluate & optimise business, commercial & financial opportunities; mitigate against risks; develop solutions & recommendations and support delivery
- Identify opportunities for profit & process improvement and collaboratively drive successful implementation
- Lead the budgeting and reforecasting of the brand’s revenues & costs by working closely with the Agency teams. Prepare detailed analysis of the latest budget/reforecast for the CFO’s review.
- Review, refine and finalise monthly/quarterly reporting prepared by the Operational Finance Outsourced Partner contributing value adding insights based on understanding of agency activities.
- Manage the finance team in London and Manchester
- Understand the balance sheet and ensure that reconciliations are kept up to date and required actions carried out in a timely manner
- Be the main point of contact.
- Pulling together data ahead of reforecasts (P&L and balance sheet)
- Sitting with account management teams to ensure accurate forecasting and to understand movements from forecasts
- Monthly review of the P&L with the exec team
- Review of all work performed by partner
- Review of controls in place over the balance sheet and ensuring all accounts are reconciled.
- Assisting the CFO in ensuring business compliance
- Key liaison person between the business, the R2R team at partner and the business operations team at partner
Month end Tasks:
- Review of all work prepared by partner & agency finance teams (salary journals, accruals, extended TB adjustments, billings and income workings, cost reporting, unbilled media adjustments).
- Ownership of accrued and deferred income
- Intercompany resolution
- Balance sheet review and escalation if required
- Travel and expenses reconciliation to ensure all billable costs get charged on
- Costs review and cost accrual/prepayment decisions
- Completion of the monthly bridging file (comparatives to the latest forecast)
- Review of the billings and income database
- Quarterly VAT returns
- Review of the quarterly packs
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- 3 + years PQE
- Experience in leading Finance Team
Apply for Finance Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly