MERJE are partnered with a leading global business that deliver a combination of Insurance, Legal and Tax solutions direct to customers or via brokers, solicitors or accountants.
The role of the Tax Advisor is to provide telephone Tax advice to our accountancy clients and affinity members and to ensure the highest level of customer service to enhance the client portfolio.
Duties and accountabilities
- Deal with telephone calls in a courteous, enthusiastic and efficient manner
- Research queries and provide answers supported by legislation and HMRC references whilst managing clients’ expectations
- Provide support to and share ideas/knowledge with other members of the advice team, including coaching and assisting less experienced colleagues
- Ensure accuracy in advice and actions taken, in accordance with FCA and other regulations
- Manage own time resources and workload to ensure calls are dealt with promptly
- Accurately record advice given
- Maintain and update tax knowledge
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Practical experience of dealing with all areas of UK Direct Taxation.
- Good in-depth knowledge of UK Direct Taxation rules and regulations and their practical application.
- Awareness of common issues encountered.
- Ideally hold tax and accountancy qualifications however this is not essential
- Demonstrate a professional and enquiring approach to work.
- Seek ways to carry out work in a better, more efficient manner.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to interact well within the team and with internal and external contacts.
- Take responsibility and accountability for workload.
- Be able to prioritise work, have good time management skills, be able to work to deadlines and to flag in advance if particular deadlines are unachievable.
- Be flexible in terms of undertaking a variety of tasks and be able to adapt to the changing demands of the role.
- Be open to new ideas and willing to learn.
Pay and Benefits:
A highly competitive salary in conjunction with market leading benefits that include:
- Pension contribution up to 12% (4% employee contribution)
- Life assurance:
- Income protection
- Personal accident insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP):
- My Family Care (MFC)
- Health assessment: current provider is Bupa
- Private medical insurance
- Virtual GP
- Dental insurance
- Travel insurance
- Holiday entitlement: Standard holiday entitlement is 25 days per annum. Option to buy or sell holiday up to 5 days per year.
- Season ticket loan: interest free loan.
- Other wellness benefits such as eye tests and costs towards any glasses purchased. The
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.